There are three options that stand out when you are looking for the best toddler travel bed, an inflatable bed, a non-inflatable bed and a stretcher type bed, these are your three choices. The choice will depend largely on the age of the child, most toddler travel beds are not suitable for babies or older children, but there are some options that cater for younger toddlers and babies.
Our Two Favorites Toddler Travel Beds;
I have two absolute favorites that I use the first is the stretcher style fold up travel bed from Regalo that I use for my two years older daughter with her own pillow and sleeping bag. It is low to the ground, comfortable and easy to fold and travel with as well as the best folding toddler bed that you will find.
My second choice is Leachco BumpZZZ the which I use for my three-month-old baby as well as two years old as a travel bed, a playpen at home and a comfy chair when folded. To me, this is the best toddler travel crib that you will find along with the BabyBjorn crib.
Best Toddler Travel Bed for 2017 – Summary
|Hero RC H911 iRocket 4||7 minutes|
How To Choose the Best Travel Bed For Your Toddler?
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind;
A. Type of Toddler Bed;
The best toddler Traveling crib is more suitable for younger toddlers and babies in the style of a crib.
The best folding toddler travel bed is almost like a stretcher, but at a safe height and more comfortable for young children.
An inflatable toddler bed is usually seen as one of the best options for a toddler traveling bed.
There are also other models such as the PeadPod which is a tent and toddler travel bed in one that is the perfect option for outdoors and camping.
B. Fold Up and Storage Options;
An inflatable toddler traveling bed usually is the easiest to store as it folds up the smallest, but it can also take a while to deflate or inflate, so take a note of these factors.
A foldable toddler bed or crib is easy and fast to fold and store but can take up a bit more space.
You also need to keep in mind the weight of the toddler bed as with traveling you are going to need to carry it around.
Most of the best toddler traveling beds come with either a manual or electrical pump, I would consider the electrical pump being the better choice if you are going to have electricity available.
C. Type of Travelling it is Meant for;
Some of the best toddler traveling beds are suited for both outdoors and indoors.
Outdoor traveling beds need to be durable and easy to store and fold or deflate.
The PeadPod is an excellent choice for an outdoor traveling bed or camping as it is basically a tent and bed in one.
Most of the best toddler traveling beds can be used indoors as an extra sleeping arrangement for convenience or guests.
An inflatable traveling toddler bed is better suited for indoors as it is a bit more hassle to inflate and deflate whereas a foldable toddler bed is perfect for outdoors and camping as it is also off the ground.
D. Age of Children;
The best folding toddler traveling bed would be the most suitable for older children and toddlers.
An inflatable toddler bed and the best toddler traveling crib is great for young toddlers and babies as well.
Whereas an inflatable toddler traveling bed is a great option for both older and younger toddlers as well as babies.
Babies and young toddlers need something softer with protective rails to prevent them from falling out.
E. Functional Requirements;
You need to ask yourself whether you need the best toddler traveling bed that can function as an indoor, outdoor or indoor and outdoor traveling
Weight up the durability and sturdiness of the bed with the ease of use and storage, as well as other features.
Other great features include a safety rail or pillow, included pillow, included pump, mosquito net, sleeping bag and storage bag.
F. Price and Brand;
It is always advised to go with a well-known brand and to go with the more expensive option as this is the better quality options.
Make sure that the product that fits your budget has good reviews and ratings and is sturdy and of good quality.
There are some great brands available that are quite affordable.
There you have all you will need to consider before choosing the best toddler travel bed. As you can see the biggest concern is the age of your child and whether you will be using the travel bed indoors, outdoors or both.
How is the Top Traveling Bed for kids Is Beneficial For You?
A toddler traveling bed is a must for anyone who does even just minor traveling and has young children. There is always a chance that you may receive guests who have young children or that you decide to visit friends or relatives and require a bed for your own children.
- You can travel anywhere without any worries as to where your little ones are going to sleep.
- The best toddler traveling bed will keep you little one safe and comfortable throughout the night.
- The best inflatable traveling bed for toddlers will not deflate during the night and is easy to inflate, deflate and store.
- You will always have a place to sleep for your visitor’s children when they come around.
- Added accessories such as a pillow, sleeping bag, storage bag, pump or mosquito net are all great additions to the best toddler traveling bed.
- Most of the best toddler traveling beds have rails to protect your child from rolling out of bed.
- A toddler traveling bed can make sleep overs loads of fun.
- Some toddler traveling beds can be used for day time naps in other areas of the home or the garden or as a playpen or cushy chair for toddlers.
There are endless benefits to having the best toddler traveling bed in your home, you are sure to find a few uses for it;
Ten Best Available Toddler Traveling Beds Reviewed below:
Now to get to the best part, let us take a look at what are the tried and tested, BEST toddler traveling beds that are available out there;
These are all excellent choices in toddler traveling beds, each with their own unique features and functions.
1. The Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed
This is a versatile and generously sized travel bed that is so lightweight and easy to fold for travel. The Leachco also came in handy at home for me with both my girls.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- Perfect for babies and toddlers.
- The center is foam padded and there are cushioned outer bumpers for protection and comfort.
- Includes a very convenient storage bag.
- Versatile as a bed, playpen, and chair.
- Easy to fold and store.
- Great for traveling.
- Folds up pretty large.
- Not for older children.
- Quite expensive.
2. The Shrunks Indoor Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed
The Shrunks bed inflates very fast with the included Jetaire electrical pump, and is also easy to deflate and store in the handy included storage bag. This design is award winning being Phthalate safe, BPA and Lead safe. Shrunks is well-known and trusted the brand, you simply cannot go wrong with the easy to use and convenient inflatable toddler bed.
- Easy to inflate with an included electrical pump.
- Handy carry bag also included.
- Phthalate, BPA and Lead safe.
- Side bars to keep your child from rolling out.
- Excellent quality.
- Takes a while to deflate.
- Some complaints about cracks and holes in the product.
- Not for older children.
3. The KidCo Peadpod Plus
The KidCo PeadPod Plus includes a fitted sleeping bag, a removable pillow, and a handy travel case. It is very quick and easy to set up and fold down and has a very durable frame and reinforced canvas bed liner.
- A fantastic concept for indoor and outdoor use.
- Safe, durable and sturdy.
- Compact and easy to fold.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- The Sleeping bag is of poor quality according to a few customers.
4. The Intex Kidz Travel Bed
Included in the package is a compact foot pump and storage bag for convenience and traveling purposes. A quality and sturdy design that is easy to inflate and deflate.
- Comes with a manual pump and storage bag.
- Inflates and deflates quickly and easily.
- Comfortable and has added safety rails.
- Good quality product.
- Some complaints about the bed leaking and deflating during the night.
- The compact pump is not the best quality.
5. The AeroBed Mattress for Kids
Constructed with heavy duty PVC that will last and stitched with electronically welded seams, as well as a thick washable fitted mattress pad, you will not get more durable.
Included is an AC pump that can inflate the bed in seconds and deflate it just as fast. The Aerobed mattress also has safety rails to keep your little one from rolling out.
- Very high ratings and fantastic reviews.
- Compact and easy to inflate and deflate within seconds.
- Has a soft fleece cover.
- Folds up very small.
- Included safety rails.
- Comes with a pump and storage bag.
- Some customers complained about leaks and damaged seams
6. The Regalo My Cot Portable Bed
This is a versatile bed as it can also be used for leisure time on the beach and in the garden as well as for sleeping indoors or outdoors on a camping trip.
- Affordable and good quality.
- Compact and easy to store.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Durable and comfortable.
- Some good reviews and good ratings.
- Not recommended for babies or toddlers under a year old.
- Also not for older children as it cannot handle the weight.
7. The PeadPodPlus Infant Travel Bed
A handy carry bag is included in which the PeadPodis easily folded and stored.
- High ratings and good reviews.
- Perfect for camping and the outdoors.
- Available in different sizes for different ages.
- Very comfortable.
- UV protection as well as an insect screen.
- Compact and easy to assemble.
- Not recommended for babies or very young children.
- The zipper is quite difficult to close.
- The material tears easily.
8. The Disney Frozen Junior Ready Bed
The Disney Frozen Junior ready bed is an inflatable toddler bed with an added sleeping bag covered in frozen pictures.
The perfect toddler bed for toddlers over three years of age.
Comes fully equipped with a manual pump, built in pillow and storage bag.
- Very high ratings and good reviews.
- Fun and colorful
- Perfect for young girls.
- A convenient built in pillow.
- The pump is low quality and breaks easily.
- The bed deflates during the night.
9. The BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light
Perfect for traveling because of its light weight and compact shape. Very simple to set up with no loose parts or attachments and no need for inflating. Can also be used for babies as well as toddlers up to three years old.
- The highest ratings and excellent reviews.
- Extremely easy to set up and take down.
- Very lightweight.
- Well cushioned and comfortable mattress.
- Easy access zip up door.
- Durable and the best quality.
- Very sturdy and stable.
- Non-Toxic and free from lead, Phthalates, PVC and heavy metals.
- Included is a fitted sheet.
- Older kids and toddlers can climb out
As you can see there are many different types of toddler beds available that are inflatable or not for both indoor and outdoor use. All the listed toddler travel beds are the best toddler travel beds that you will find available according to quality and ratings.
Although I am not a big fan of inflatable beds, for the main reason that most of them deflate during the night, the AeroBed Mattress for Kids had some excellent reviews and ratings with no complaints about deflating. I found it to be the best inflatable toddler travel crib.
On the topic of travel cribs the BabyBjorn travel crib had the highest ratings and reviews making it the best toddler travel crib and the best kids travel bed, I can also recommend it personally for babies under three years.
Another favorite of mine that comes in handy with my two-year-old is the Regalo My Cot portable bed which to me is the best toddler traveling bed because it is comfortable, durable and folds up easily.
I would say that you need to choose the best bed for your little one that is age appropriate and easy to travel with. A good quality inflatable bed is a great traveling option for any age and very easy to store whereas a stretcher type bed is more suitable for older kids and toddlers.