Being a pregnant mother is one of the most glorious times of your life, and bringing a little angel into the world even more so, but pregnancy and nursing can also come with its quirks and discomforts.All mothers know the feeling of sleepless nights, back and hip pain and many other pains and issues when you are trying to get comfortable with a huge tummy. Then there is also the struggle to get comfortable with a fussing, nursing infant.
A good maternity pillow has made all the difference for me throughout both my pregnancies and I can highly recommend it.
So let’s take a look at what the best maternity pillow is, for this is something that every pregnant and breastfeeding mother needs!
Our Favorite Two Best Maternity Pillow:
I enjoy sleeping on my stomach and I have chosen the U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow by Queen Rose for my second pregnancy, to me this is the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers as well as for side sleepers and it offers all the support I need in the right places.
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is one of the more popular maternity pillows which follows the natural contours of your body, I used this pillow with my first pregnancy and found it to be the best pregnancy pillow for back sleepers, as well as for side sleepers.
Best Maternity Pillows for 2017 – Summary
|Hero RC H911 iRocket 4||7 minutes||Check Price|
|WLtoys Large V912 4CH||8 minutes||Check Price|
|Blade Nano CP S BNF BLH2480||4 minutes||Check Price|
|Propel Air Combat RC||10 minutes||Check Price|
How to Select The Best Maternity Pillow?
There are quite a few options in different types of maternity pillows on the market, different shapes and sizes for every need.
The U shaped maternity pillow is usually the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers and the contoured or curved pillow is the best pregnancy pillow for back sleepers or side sleepers, although other shapes also provide excellent back and hip support.
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing the best maternity pillow;
A. Shape of the Pillow;
- The U shape to me is the most supportive and perfect for all sleep positions.
- A curved or contoured shape body pillow contours to the shape of your body for excellent support.
B. Size of the Pillow;
- Keep in mind the space that you have available on your bed before choosing a size.
- Large maternity pillows will take up almost all the space in your bed leaving little room for a spouse or partner.
- Smaller maternity pillows also offer better and more targeted support.
- A medium sized pillow offers excellent support and comfort.
- The full-length body pillow will support you literally from head to toes.
C. Material and Construction;
- Hypoallergenic materials ensure that you will not have an allergic reaction to any of the materials.
- The maternity pillow should be soft and comfortable yet still firm enough to retain its shape and provide support.
- The cover or pillow case needs to be soft and comfortable and not scratchy, cotton is a good choice in pillow cases.
- Most maternity pillows come with a removable pillow case or cover that can be machine washed, just make sure to follow the washing instructions.
- Carefully follow the washing instructions for your maternity pillow to make sure it stays in a perfect shape and condition.
- A maternity pillow that is of excellent quality and a trusted brand name may be a bit pricey but always worth it.
- Make sure that you have a clear budget in mind, keeping in mind that this is a long term investment that you will use frequently.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The Best Maternity Pillow?
I could definitely not go without my maternity pillows, they were a lifesaver throughout both my pregnancies. Trying to sleep with a huge belly, aching back, sore knees and hips are terrible when you do not have the right support. Another great advantage that I have found with the best maternity pillow is also its versatility to being used as a comfortable seat for watching TV or reading as well as for breast feeding.
Below are a few fantastic advantages of having the best maternity pillow;
- You will have a much better night’s rest and be able to sleep deeply.
- The best maternity pillow will reduce and prevent aches and pains in your back, knees, hips, neck, shoulders, and feet.
- A maternity pillow offers excellent belly support.
- Double up your maternity pillow as a comfortable seat or leaning post for reading, watching TV or nursing.
- The best maternity pillow is durable and made from high-quality materials with a soft and long lasting cover.
- Most maternity pillows have a removable pillow case that is machine washable.
- You have the option of choosing a hypoallergenic maternity pillow that is made from materials that will not cause allergies.
- A maternity pillow is not just for pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers anyone that need extra back or hip support or is just looking for a comfortable sleeping aid, will also benefit from them.
- The best maternity pillows are soft and comfortable and will retain their shape.
- there are different shapes and sizes of maternity pillows that you can choose from to suit your personal needs.
- You also get maternity pillows with detachable parts for added head support or feet support.
As you can see a maternity pillow is an excellent idea if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother, and even if you are not! Choosing the best maternity pillow will only benefit you a great deal in the long run.
Our In-depth Guide To The Ten Best Maternity Pillows Available on the Market Today:
Below listed are the best maternity pillows that are available today.
You are certain to find one that is perfect for you from this extensive and well-researched list, I myself have used some of these pillows with my pregnancies and can most definitely recommend them;
1. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
The Leachco Snoogle makes and excellent maternity pillow and is perfect for sleeping or just relaxing. It has a horseshoe shaped head pillow and an extra-long midsection with the perfect width for complete back and tummy support. The Leachco Snoogle also comes with a removable and washable cover.
- Very large pillow.
- Comfortable and not too soft.
- Helps relieve back pain and other pregnancy related pains and aches.
- Very bulky and large.
- Very high for neck support.
- Some complaints about this pillow causing neck and shoulder pain.
2. PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow
The PharMeDoc has a removable, machine washable cover and is made from hypoallergenic materials that contain no phthalates, latex lead or BPA.
- Excellent back support.
- Soft and comfortable enough for your head.
- Comes with a washable cover.
- Poor quality.
- The stuffing becomes lumpy after a few months.
- The material tears easily.
3. Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow
The Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow helps to support your pregnancy bump as well as you back, hips, neck, and knees. The extended length of the Boppy pillow ensures that your body is comfortable and well supported from head to toe.
- Detachable parts.
- Great detachable head pillow.
- Ensures a good night’s rest.
- Difficult to turn over in bed with this pillow.
- The Velcro comes undone and scratches you.
- Quite uncomfortable according to a few customers.
4. The Leacho Back N’ Belly
Provides the best support for your back and tummy, no need to reposition when you turnover. It comes with a removable pillow case that is washed.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- Provides excellent back support.
- Very comfortable and large in size.
- Perfect for plus sized mommies.
- Has a strong chemical smell.
- The cover is very hard to take off and put back on again.
- Very bulky and takes up almost the whole of your bed.
5. The Junior Size – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
Soft and comfortable as well as a shorter size with a 1005 polyester fill that can be easily re-fluffed.
Another great advantage of the Junior Size maternity pillow is the fact that it comes with a money back guarantee.
- Very large and comfortable.
- Provides excellent support.
- Helps with back pain.
- Also a good choice for seniors.
- The seams come loose easily.
- Very bulgy and large.
6. U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow by Queen Rose
The multi-functional pillow gives you belly support and back support when you sleep, read, watch TV or Breastfeed and is excellent for hip or back pain as well as for poor posture.
Queen Rose offers their customers a 90-day refund or exchange should they not be completely satisfied with the product.
- Excellent reviews and ratings.
- Very fluffy and still firm enough to provide support.
- Not too high or bulky.
- Provides excellent support.
- Very comfortable.Great quality at a good price.
- Smaller than it appears in the pictures.
- Some clients found it a bit uncomfortable and beady.
7. The Leachco Snoogle Mini Compact Side Sleeper
The Leachco Snoogle Mini conforms to the shape of your body and is ideal as a nursing or sleeping pillow providing the best back support.
The cover is removable and washable for added convenience.
- Aids in relieving back pain.
- Available in different sizes.
- Very comfortable and provides a good night’s rest.
- The pillow is very stiff.
- Some customers found it ineffective and uncomfortable.
8. The U Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
This pillow has two contoured sides that allow you to choose between sleeping on your back or either one of your sides. The inner contours have a specialized design that follows the natural curves of your body which also aids in relieving the pressure of a pregnant belly.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- Very large and comfortable for total body support.
- Helps relieve joint pain.
- Great support for your back and hips.
- A few complaints about the pillow being flat and uneven.
- It can take up a large portion of your bed because of its size.
9. The Today Mom Cozy Comfort
The Today Mom Cozy Comfort Maternity Pillow has a curved shape and provides excellent shoulder support and lumbar support for a comfortable nights rest. You will feel like you are sleeping on a cloud with the Today Mom Cozy Comfort Maternity Pillow. The best feature of this maternity pillow is by far the large and exceptionally supportive and comfortable head rest pillow.
- Some good reviews and ratings.
- It contours to your body and supports a pregnancy belly very well.
- You do not have to reposition the pillow when you turn around.
- It is a perfect size.
- A few complaints about the material being rough and scratchy.
- The pillow is very heavy.
- Very bad customer support, no return policy.
10. The Meiz Full Body
The Meiz Maternity Pillow is also very versatile, it offers belly support positioning for sleeping, reading, watching TV or nursing.
Enjoy a deep and comfortable sleep every night with the best support for your head, back, belly, sides, knees, hips, and feet!
- Very good ratings and reviews.
- Excellent maternity and pregnancy pillow.
- Very comfortable and supportive.
- Supports entire body.
- Helps to alleviate back pain.
- The pillow is much smaller than what it appears in the picture.
- The material is quite scratchy and hard.
11. The Meiz Full Body
The Naomi Home Cozy is designed for either sleeping or leaning in a number of configurations, you can sit and feed your baby with great back support or sleep with back and belly support. The machine washable pillow case is made from 100% cotton with a 300 thread count.
- very large pillow with a lovely gray cover.
- You can double it up as a “boppy” pillow after your baby is born.
- Provides exceptional back, neck, hip and belly support in pregnant women.
- Very thick and bulky.
- The pillow case does not fit properly and starts fraying at the seams.
- The zip breaks easily.
The best maternity pillow will offer you the best support for your back, hips, knees, head, and tummy as well as being soft and comfortable and versatile enough for sleeping, leaning and feeding.
The Meiz Full BodyMaternity Pillow is one of my favorites as well as one of the best pregnancy pillows for back sleepers because of its versatile design. You will most definitely enjoy the most comfortable night’s sleep with the Meiz Full Body maternity pillow.
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is designed to follow the natural contours of your body to offer the best support from head to toes. It is a favorite among many customers with only the best reviews.
I particularly loved the U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow by Queen Rose, for me, it was not only the best maternity pillow but also the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers, as I myself like to sleep on my stomach.