Though you could just go to the store and get yourself a glass of fresh juice, it has been argued that the nutritional value for bought fresh juices are strikingly less than what you would get from homemade ones. Besides why spend on juices on a regular basis when you could just own the best masticating juicers to satisfy and enrich your healthy diet whilst at the comfort of your home?
Unlike centrifugal juicers heating up your contents, masticating juicers work on the principle of mastication. Instead of simply pressing or spinning fruits and vegetables to release the juice, masticating juicers grind the ingredients to extract the highest level of nutrients possible; even from dense fruits and vegetables, for instance, celery. Thus, due to their resourcefulness, extreme health-conscious people consider it to be their ideal tool of choice.
- Our Two Favorites Masticating Juicers:
- Best Masticating Juicers Comparisons in 2017 – Summary
- Questions to ask yourself when purchasing your masticating juicer (FAQ)
- What Are The Advantages of Using the Best Masticating Juicers?
- 10 of the best masticating juicers Detailed Reviewed Below:
- 1. SKG Wide Chute Masticating Juicer
- 2. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
- 3. TribestSlowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- 4. Omega NC800 HDS
- 5. Omega VRT350
- 6. Hurom Slow Masticating Juicer
- 7. Omega VERT Slow Juicer VSJ843QS
- 8. Omega NC900HDC
- 9. KUVING’S B6000S SLOW JUICER
- 10. Chef’s Star Slow Masticating Juicer
Our Two Favorites Masticating Juicers:
KG Wide Chute Masticating Juicer
Whilst living up to all the criteria of the best masticating juicers such as the top quality low-speed motor, minimal oxidation, wide chute, flexibility, it also provides the most generous, varied customer satisfaction; two months trial period, two years attachments warranty and ten years motor warranty! Due to the impression that only the best appliances come with good warranty schemes, it’s no surprise it’s one of the highest recommended juicers by users.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
With attachments included to satisfy each item of your nutritious diet, the extreme versatility is what makes this omega masticating juicer so incredibly special and popular among juicers –it efficiently crushes both hard and soft fruits and vegetables, prepares homemade spaghetti and breadsticks, frozen desserts, baby food, nut butter and even grinds coffee!
Best Masticating Juicers Comparisons in 2017 – Summary
|Product Image||Name||Editor Ratings||Price|
|SKG Wide Chute Masticating Juicer||A+|
|Omega VERT Slow Juicer VSJ843QS||A+|
|KUVING’S B6000S SLOW JUICER||A+|
|TribestSlowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer||A|
|Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer||A|
Questions to ask yourself when purchasing your masticating juicer (FAQ)
It’s easy to get stuck up with an appliance that either does not deliver your desired results or only specializes on a specific task. To increase your chances of purchasing the right juicer for yourself, here are some noteworthy considerations to evaluate before purchasing. These factors ensure that you get the best possible health benefits from your investment –
Q: What would you be juicing? – Most masticating juicer features a typical on-off switch that lets you focus on one category of items, for instance, soft fruit. However, some are more flexible and allow speed control so you have the option to switch from citrus-based drinks to leafy greens. Some masticating juicers also allow processing of baby food and pasta.
Q: Do you want it for commercial purposes or household? – Commercial masticating juicers are usually heavier and can produce 15-20 glasses of well-made juice at one go; it is mostly suitable for rough use. Conversely, household juicers are lighter and you can expect 5-7 glasses at a time.
Q: Is it easy to clean? – As juicing itself is a messy business, the quality of the juice highly depends on how well the juicer is maintained. The best juicers come with attachments that are detergent friendly or include “automatic cleaning” where gears move in the opposite direction to unclog leftover pulp.
Q: What’s your budget? – Although fulfilling the same primary purpose of extracting juice, juicers range from prices as little as $40 to as high as $1500. It is important to remember though that quality and features of juicers are highly depended on the price paid for it.
Q: Are there additional attachments? – Are they easy to assemble and disassemble?
Q: What’s the oxidation number? – This is a helpful indicator that tells you how long the juice will remain fresh; the greater the number, the higher the shelf life.
Q: Does it offer a warranty? – Electronics are quite an expensive purchase and are very likely to malfunction/break down; having warranty will then save further expenditure. Moreover, only the best brands are confident enough to offer the warranty.
Q: What brand is it? –Purchasing from well-reputed manufacturers will decrease the chance of you making a wrong decision. Some famous masticating juicer brands include – omega masticating juicer and Breville masticating juicer and.
Q: Vertical or horizontal? – For vertical juicers, since the auger is on top, it takes up less space on the counter. On the contrary, horizontal juicers are slightly easier to clean because of smaller auger and screen and assembly is a tad bit easier although it’s not space efficient.
What Are The Advantages of Using the Best Masticating Juicers?
Masticating juicers are one of the most essential and resourceful products and here is why health fanatics consider it as an important investment for your health –
- Yields more juice – You are able to get 20%-35% more juice than what centrifugal juicer offers which is eventually very economical in the long run.
- Slow processor and reduced heat production preserve most nutrients – While getting less oxidized juice, you’ll also get juice richer in nutrients, enzymes, minerals, and vitamins.
- Works well with leafy greens and hard vegetables – Unlike regular juicers, the best masticating juicer effortlessly grinds leafy greens and hard vegetables just as well as soft fruits.
- Versatile – Some masticating juicers come with several attachments that let you produce a variety kind of items, for instance, baby food, ice cream, frozen desserts, pasta, homogenized milk, and breadsticks; definitely more value for the money you pay.
- Durable – Built with good quality stainless steel, most masticating juicers lasts for a relatively long period of time.
- Longer shelf life – Juices are well made thus with proper storage in the fridge, it is possible for it to stay fresh for up to 24 hours, if not more.
- Easy to clean – Although it could be time-consuming, there are fewer parts and they are designed to be easily cleaned.
- Juices have less foam – Compared to centrifugal juicers, masticating juicer provides juices with much less foaming.
It can be seen that compared to centrifugal juicers, masticating juicers successfully preserve the health benefits of juices through innovative and improved technology whilst also providing you with other varied services to increase the flexibility of use; eliminating the need to purchase other appliances to meet those needs. If you’re working to upgrade your current juicer or new to juicing and stuck in a debate of masticating juicer vs cold press juicer vs centrifugal juicer – here is a detailed review on 10 best masticating juicers to show you why masticating juicer is superior to the rest.
10 of the best masticating juicers Detailed Reviewed Below:
1. SKG Wide Chute Masticating Juicer
- Satisfying warranty service
- Sturdy quality
- Easy clean
- Wide mouth allows
- Minimal noise produced
- Produces juice of excellent quality
- High juice yield
- Convenient dissembling
- Cleaning is time-consuming
- Unclear instructions
2. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
- Extremely versatile
- Suitable for hard vegetables
- Provides 15years warranty
- Powerful motor
- Comes with varied attachments; easy assembling
- Mitigates noise
- Dishwasher safe
- Offers convenient cleaning
- Not the best for smoothies
- Diameter of chute is little
- Does not properly strain pulp
- Quite slow
3. TribestSlowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- Elegant design
- Efficient attachments
- High juice yield leaving dry pulp
- Efficient extraction
- Low electricity consumption
- Small food chute
- Difficult to clean
4. Omega NC800 HDS
- Improved features that older Omega models
- Large feed chute
- Comparatively higher yield
- Sleek design
- Offers 15 years warranty
- Processes wide range of ingredients
- Highly costly
- Not quite durable
- Produces pulpy juice
- Backs up soft fruits
5. Omega VRT350
- Produces high nutritious juice
- Stress-free cleaning
- Comes with a 10 years warranty for the whole juicer
- Fibrous ingredients need to be chopped to prevent clogging
- Does not come with a strainer
- Juice making process is time-consuming
6. Hurom Slow Masticating Juicer
- Space efficient
- Minimal foaming
- Produces the highest yielding
- Convenient warranty scheme
- No noise production
- Well built
- Ingredients need to be chopped into smaller pieces
- Blades can get locked up with too many ingredients
- As expensive as the top-brand juicers
7. Omega VERT Slow Juicer VSJ843QS
- Process all types of fruits – hard and soft
- Low speed allows for highly nutritious juice
- Low speed also means less noise
- Little pulp produced
- Features automatic cleaning system
- Highly expensive
- Easily jammed
8. Omega NC900HDC
- Made with durable stainless steel
- Auger made of BPA free plastic
- Extra wide feed chute
- Sleek design
- Delivers high juice yield and drier pulp
- Comes with 15 years warranty
- Assorted nozzle attachments
- Relatively more expensive than competitor’s products
- Not suitable for soft fruits
- Takes up too much counter space
9. KUVING’S B6000S SLOW JUICER
- Produces undiluted juice
- Maintains authentic taste
- Uses eco-friendly materials approved by the FDA and NSF
- Convenient chute – saves time
- Comes with warranty
- Relatively expensive
- Weak bowl
- Can support ingredients as per instructions
10. Chef’s Star Slow Masticating Juicer
- Automatic pulp-ejection
- Alleviates noise
- Easy to operate
- Poor quality
- Small cute
- Does not support hard vegetables
The reviews of the 10 best masticating juicers are certain to assist you; examining why these are the best will allow you to determine the ultimate masticating juicer that is ideal for your needs. Although high priced, these juicers eventually benefit you in the long run asit produces the maximum juice from produce. A personal favorite would be the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer. Omega has been producing high-quality juicers for over 30 years so their appliances are some of the highest rated ones. This is a classic juicer among extreme health enthusiasts for its versatility and ability to flawlessly juice both hard and soft ingredients. Its efficiency and reliability is what makes it a favorite amongst its users.