If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to relieve stress and pain, instead of visiting the spa or investing on an expensive massage chair, get the best massage cushions for yourself!
Message cushions are an ideal way to steam off after a long, exhausting day. With its portability feature, it allows you to transform any sitting area into your personal therapeutic zone; whether it is at your office, during a long drive or at the comfort of your own home.
- So what are some of the best massage cushions?
- Best massage cushions Comparisions in 2017 – Summary
- What to consider before purchasing your massage cushions?
- What are some of the benefits of owning the best massage cushions?
- 10 Best Massage Cushions Reviewed in Details Below:
- 1. Five Star FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion
- 2. Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Cushion
- 3. HoMedics MCS-510H Total Back and Shoulder Massage Cushion
- 4. The Sharper Image MSI-CS775H Air and Shiatsu Massage Cushion
- 5. INeed Shiatsu Seat Topper with Heat
- 6. Gideon™ Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging Cushion
- 7. Shiatsu Back Massager Cushion with Heat
- 8. HoMedics MCL-110HA-2CO Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat
- 9. Gideon™ Seat Cushion Vibrating Massager
- 10. Relaxzen 60-2910 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion
So what are some of the best massage cushions?
If you’re looking for a massage cushion that does more than just massaging your back and shoulder, this is your ideal cushion; it focuses on the neck, shoulder, upper-back, middle-back, lumbar, lower back and even thighs!
HoMedics is a famous brand for massage cushions and provides its users with high-quality cushions at affordable pricing. The spot focused feature makes it one of the best massage cushions in the market!
This massage cushion claims to provide you with a spa-like massaging experience making it a must-have! My favorite feature is the customizable vibration speed and intensity.
Best massage cushions Comparisions in 2017 – Summary
What to consider before purchasing your massage cushions?
There are various kinds of massage cushions to choose from; each having different features and targeting different areas of the body to massage. Thus in this section, we have included a detailed discussion of the key factors to consider before purchasing your massage chair so it serves your purpose and is truly the best massage chair for you!
➧ Your purpose:
First and foremost, you need to decide which area you desire to work on. There are cushions that focus on the upper back, while some focus on the lower back. Consider the area/areas you’ll be targeting before investing. The best massage cushions are one that provides a full messaging experience; from your neck to your thighs.
➧ Quality of the massage cushion:
Secondly, consider how comfortable the cushion is. Can you sit on it for long hours without discomfort? Is it relaxing? These are some questions you might want to ask yourself before purchasing your massage cushion.
➧ Strength of the message:
Next, think about the strength of massage you require. Do you need a gentle rub down or a more vigorous one? In my opinion, the best massage cushion is the one that comes with an adjustable intensity so it can suit your mood; a vigorous massage when stress is at its peak and a relaxing one during a lazy Sunday evening.
➧ Where will you be using it:
It is important to realize where you want to use your massage cushion. Most models are portable however some of them do not allow you to strap it down to your car seat. So if that’s your main purpose, focus on the design and the ease by which you can travel with and use it.
➧ Budget and functionality:
Massage cushions are found in a range of prices; entirely depended upon the functionality. Other than the basic vibrating function, there can be additional rotating heads, heating function, different styles of massaging etc. Cushions with more programs and customizing options are usually more expensive. Hence it is important for you to make a choice between how much you are willing to spend and the versatility of your massaging cushion.
Electrical products are known to malfunction with time thus consider your warranty options in case your massage cushion fails to live up to your expectations.
What are some of the benefits of owning the best massage cushions?
As mentioned earlier, massaging cushions are an ideal and inexpensive way to spoil yourself after a long, tough day. Other than that, here are some noticeable benefits you can enjoy from owning the best massage cushion –
✔ Improved quality of sleep – massage cushions relax muscles and increase the level of sleep-inducing hormones in the body
✔ Lower blood pressure – massage cushions effectively reduces heart rate which in turn keeps blood pressure under control
✔ Relieve stress – This, in turn, helps reduce anxiety and depression
✔ Help ease the muscles; reduce pain and stiffness
✔ Reduce pregnancy pain
10 Best Massage Cushions Reviewed in Details Below:
1. Five Star FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion
- Reasonably priced
- Includes heating element
- Adjustable vibration settings
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Soothes chronic pain
- Comes with a 3 years warranty
- Poor quality construction
- Noisy motor
- Vibration not too strong
- Heat feature not warm enough
2. Zyllion ZMA14 Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager CushionThis customizable massage cushion allows you to adjust the position of the massage rollers to focus on your target area. Multiple massage heads work together to imitate real full body kneading and rolling massage with human hands and with its heating feature, it promises an extraordinary massage experience.
- Safe to use – 20minutes shut off feature to prevent overheating
- 90 days money back guarantee
- Sleek design and easy to use chair strap
- Intense pressure
- Reviewed as the best massage cushions
- Neck massage hard to reach
- Not suitable if you’re sensitive
- Loud motor
- You can’t have the neck massage without the back
- Not attachable to car seat
3. HoMedics MCS-510H Total Back and Shoulder Massage Cushion
- Customizable massage intensity
- High quality
- Rollers can be paused at specific spots
- Moderate pricing
- Right amount of pressure
- Heavy and bulky
- Not suitable for all heights
- Not adjustable with car seats
- Loud motor
4. The Sharper Image MSI-CS775H Air and Shiatsu Massage Cushion
- Comfortable rolling balls
- Works out knots and tension from the back
- Fits easily in any chair
- Adjustable with car seats
- Most suitable for a height of 5’8
- Offers limited positions
- Complained to be too aggressive
- Prone to breakage
5. INeed Shiatsu Seat Topper with Heat
- Really powerful massager
- Users claim to love it
- Suitable for daily usage
- Right pricing
- Can be painful
- Not suitable for all heights
6. Gideon™ Luxury Six-Program Customizable Massaging Cushion
- Fits well in a chair
- Comes with a car adapter
- Impeccable quality
- Remote is attached; no chance of losing
- Lightweight and great for travel
- Motor isn’t too noisy
- Way too short to benefit the neck
- Massage too strong for sensitive people
- Not too durable
- The rollers don’t go all the way down to get lower back
- Shuts off after 15 minutes; you have to reset settings
7. Shiatsu Back Massager Cushion with HeatThis massager is known as the gifted-from-the-gods massager and according to the maker; it says to replace high quality and cost of a massage by the therapists. It features 8 deep-kneading nodes to provide deep tissue massaging hence relaxes muscle soreness, stiffness, and tension. It also gives you the flexibility to adjust direction and massage nodes to give you full control over your massaging experience.
- Controls are comprehensive
- Great value for money
- Optional Heating
- Kneading motion gets deep in the muscles
- Great substitute to a professional masseuse
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Complained to be uncomfortable
- Not convenient for car
- Misleading instruction booklet
- Power too strong and can be hurtful
8. HoMedics MCL-110HA-2CO Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat
- Worth the money
- Eliminates shoulder knots
- Provides good strength
- Installs nearly anywhere
- Heater works great for sore muscles
- Massages deep into muscles
- Adjustable height
- Not durable
- Painful on the upper back
- Buttons are hard to access
- Not suited for taller people
9. Gideon™ Seat Cushion Vibrating MassagerThis cushions massager features 10 vibrating points that deeply penetrates your tissues and muscles and eliminates stress, tension, aches, and knots. Along with its optional heat therapy, it brings you an ideal and incredibly soothing massaging session.
- Helps cope with back pain
- Remote is easy to use
- Comes with a cable that allows you to use it in your car
- Offers 4 different intensity settings
- Heating is in the perfect spots
- Strong vibration
- Doesn’t come with sufficient straps to hold it in the seat
- No rotating balls feature
- Overpriced for the service it provides
10. Relaxzen 60-2910 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion
- Fabric is of good quality
- Price is within your means
- Lumbar support makes road trips easier to tolerate
- Customizable options for how and where you want the massage
- Vibration targets effectively
- Does not heat up instantly
- Straps aren’t too efficient
- Not durable
- Weak massage
- Too short for tall people
This brings us to the end of the article. Evaluating the step by step guide to purchasing your massage cushions and considering the pros and cons of the 10 best massage cushions that we have reviewed, we guarantee you that you will end up with nothing but the ideal cushion for you that serves your purpose and provides you with a delightful and relaxing massaging experience.
A personal favorite is the New Five Star FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion because of the multifunctional feature that it offers along with the convenience by which you can take it with you on long road trips; all in a very affordable price!