Entertaining, cultivating, and keeping fit – these are the few words (if not more) that summarize the overall experience of owning the best scooter for kids.
There is a reason why scooter is growing more popular than bikes as a means of transport or for recreational purposes; scooters are less bulky and come with less chance of accidents.
Moreover, they provide greater stability, portability, and versatility.
Furthermore, two wheels or three wheels, there’s a scooter for every age group – manufacturers have even designed scooters for children as young as two years old!
As a result, the combination of safety and modern features makes scooters the ultimate possession for kids.
- Top 5 Scooter For Kids in 2019 – Comparison Table
- So what are some of the best scooter for kids?
- What Are The Key considerations when purchasing a Kids Scooter?
- What are the advantages of using one?
- Frequently Asked Question About Kids Scooter (FAQ)
- Reviews of 10 of the best Quality Children Scooter
- 1. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter
- 2. Razor A5 Lux Scooter
- 3. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar
- 4. Globber Primo 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter
- 5. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
- 6. Razor E100 Electric Scooter
- 7. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
- 8. Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter
- 9. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
- 10. Radio Flyer EZ-Rider Scooter
Top 5 Scooter For Kids in 2019 – Comparison Table
|Product Image||Name||Editor Ratings||Price|
|Globber Primo 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter||A+|
|Radio Flyer EZ-Rider Scooter||A+|
|Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter||A+|
|Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter||A|
|Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter||A|
So what are some of the best scooter for kids?
Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter
While the Micro Mini successfully achieved the highest rating on amazon by its users, it also won a few impressing awards starting in the year 2009 till 2014 – containing awards as prestigious as Parents’ Choice Award in 2010. Quality, safety, and resourcefulness is thus expectable from this scooter – unquestionably the best scooter for 2-year-olds and suitable for kids up until 5 years old.
Razor A5 Lux Scooter
Over the last decade, Razor has earned itself a trustworthy reputation for providing riders with some of the best scooter for kids.Their scooters are innovatively designed with high-quality components and offers promising functionality and this kick scooter falls no behind! With its sturdy workmanship, easy-to-fold mechanism and deluxe size, it provides a comfortable and satisfying ride and positively gained a 4.7 rating among riders on Amazon – considered as the best scooter for 8 year olds and above.
Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
Electric scooters provide a modernized way of scooting. This E300S is a fan favorite and a breakthrough of technology – with a removable padded seat, it allows the option of sitting while commuting if desired. Additionally, the high-performance engine allows for a maximum speed of 15 mph that can conveniently transport school-going teenagers. It also supports up to 220 pounds thus can be easily used by adults too!
What Are The Key considerations when purchasing a Kids Scooter?
Amidst all the jargon, recognizing the best scooter for kids can get incredibly bewildering. There are some prominent features that make a particular model the ideal one according to your child’s requirements. Here are few considerations and questions to take account of and ask yourself before making your investment –
- Weight and age limit –Does is support the weight of your child? Is it the appropriate model for your child’s age?
- Weight of the scooter itself – This is important in case of an accident and a tip over. Moreover, it also contributes to its portability feature.
- Height range –Does it come with adjustable handlebars? If you’re looking for a scooter that can grow with your toddler consider flexible height range.
- Brake system – Rear brakes eliminate the need to hop off the scooter to make it stop hence avoids injuries caused to the feet.
- Type of scooter –There are two wheelers, three wheelers, and even four wheelers. Advisable to start off toddlers with three/four wheels to develop their balancing skills. Advanced scooters can go for two wheels.
- Deck –Is it spacious? Does it accommodate both feet? Is it high off the ground? When just learning, consider deck that is not too high to reduce the effect of an accident.
- Wheel –Does it rotate smoothly? Is the material durable? The right wheels are important for a smooth, stable ride.
- Safety – Although hard to assess, consider models that offer wide base, large wheels, firm handle grip and an efficient breaking system. These all enhance the safety of the scooter.
- Warranty –Warranty is mainly important for electric scooters but convenient for general wear and tear too.
What are the advantages of using one?
Scooters are an excellent way to get your child outside and involve themselves in a healthy activity whilst also developing their primary skills. These are the few reasons they are so popular among the young generation –
➠ Train balance – While setting out on their own responsibility, they are able to coordinate their eye and hand movements in order to balance themselves on the deck.
➠ Gain confidence – Learning how to balance further promotes individuality and confidence for being able to successfully ride around. Mastering one skill then motivates them to attempt other tasks, confidently.
➠ Defines motor skills –Taking control of where the scooter heads develop coordination and independence. Cultivating these skills at an early age makes the promotion to other steer-requiring toys much easier to adapt to, for instance, bikes.
➠ Fun means of exercising – It could be difficult to get your child to religiously commit to an exercise routine, however, scooter provides an interesting and enjoying way of being physically fit and healthy.
➠ Cognitive development – The freedom and opportunity to make own decisions while bearing the consequences contributes to a higher level of creativity and safety considerations.
Frequently Asked Question About Kids Scooter (FAQ)
When is the earliest age I can get my child a scooter?
While entirely depended upon personal preferences, there are scooters modeled for children as young as two years old. So any age after that would be a suitable time to get a scooter.
Should I get a two-wheeled or three-wheeled scooter?
Age plays an important role when deciding the number of wheels – three wheels are easy to learn and balance thus for a first time user, three wheel scooters are advisable.
What are electric scooters?
Electric scooters are battery powered and simply require you to stand during the commute, unlike traditionally push-to-move mechanism.
How long does it typically take to charge the battery of an electric scooter?
Initially, it may take up to 24 hours to charge the battery (before the first use). However later, for a run time of 40-45 minutes, it might require an 8-10 hour of charging.
Reviews of 10 of the best Quality Children Scooter
1. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter
- High level of stability
- Features a convenient breaking system
- Award-winning scooter
- Smooth wheels
- Vibrant colors
- Spacious deck
- Impeccable quality
- Does not feature adjustable height
- Difficult to adapt to
- Inconvenient lean-to-steer mechanism
2. Razor A5 Lux Scooter
- Smooth gliding
- Firm tires
- Features adjustable handlebars
- Padded grips
- Withstands rough use
- No assembly required
- Accommodates adults too
- Front wheel misaligns with handlebars after few uses
- Inefficient brake
- Small deck – no room for both feet
- Complained to rattle
3. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar
- Exceptional quality construction
- Smooth turning
- Easy to control
- Deck is too low to the ground
- Narrow base
- Rubber and plastic components degrade quickly
4. Globber Primo 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter
- Large size wheels
- Reviewed as the best scooter for 4 years old
- Easy assembling
- Quick to adjust to
- Efficient braking mechanism
- Tire wears out quickly
- Poor construction
5. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
- Reviewed as the best scooter for toddler boy/girl
- Hassle-free assembling
- Sturdy handlebars
- Offers good grip
- Back wheel interrupts the ride
- Uncomprehensive instructions
- Wheels don’t turn easily
6. Razor E100 Electric Scooter
- Quality urethane wheels
- Sufficient battery life
- Wide base surface
- Ideal speed for it to be fun and not dangerous
- Easy to assemble
- Environmentally friendly
- Inefficient brake
- Difficult to adjust to
- Takes time to charge
7. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
- Accommodates maximum weight
- Solid construction
- Can be used as a means of transporting to and from work/school
- Large Tires
- Powerful engine
- Easy to ride
- Battery takes time to charge
- Low run time
- Does not allow variable speed
- Too fast along downhill tracks
8. Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter
- Ideal size
- Impeccable quality
- Some prefer it over the popular Razor models
- Withstands rough use
- Lives up to manufacturer claims
- Paint chips off
- Poor quality construction
- Wheels are not properly tightened
9. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
- Extravagantly designed
- Built with pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- Includes a storage compartment
- Easy to put together
- Comes with warranty
- In reality, it is smaller than the picture
- Complained to arrive with defective tires
- Not durable
- Does not hold charge for too long
10. Radio Flyer EZ-Rider Scooter
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for kids aged 3-5
- Adjustable handlebar
- Fast assembling
- Well made
- Provides safety
- Made of plastic
- Stiff steering
Thus the end of the reviews of the 10 best scooter for kids that you can find in the market. We guarantee you that proper evaluation of the models and brands that we highlighted in this article will evidently ease your search and assist you to make the right, satisfying investment – that promises an enjoyable, protected and exploratory experience. Consider manufacturer specifications to purchase a model that is suitable for the young one. However, whichever scooter you pick, ensure further security by purchasing scooter accessories such as helmets and elbow/knee pads.