Compared to other purchases, toilets are long-term investments where you expect the least amount of hassle for your money. However, since they are not something you buy regularly, it can be a bit overwhelming. Fear not – go through this guide to find out about the best flushing toilet in the market today, and how you can get the best deal for you.
Best Flushing Toilets Comparisons in 2018 – Summary
Type Of Flushing Toilets
Flushing toilets can be of different kinds based on key features and form factors. These features include build type, size of the bowl, and flushing system.
1. Build type
Toilets build type can be either one-piece or two-piece. For one piece toilets, the bowl and the tank combine to make a unibody. Two-piece ones, on the other hand, has a separate bowl and tank bolted together. Two-piece toilets are usually less expensive than their one-piece counterparts.
2. Bowl size
Two types of bowls are in common use – round and elongated. Round ones are best suitable for small spaces, whereas elongated ones are the most commonplace.
3. Flushing system
- Pressure-assisted flushing system
It utilizes pressurized air to force water and everything else out of the drainage pipe. Even though this is the most powerful flushing toilet, it can be quite noisy and expensive.
- Gravity Flush
The more common technology in use is the gravity flush that uses the weight and pressure of the water itself to do the flushing.
It is relatively a new system where you can have two different types of flushing (full or partial) based on the waste.
Famous Flushing Toilet Models
Since finding the best flushing toilet can be difficult at first, we are here to take you through some of the most famous models:
Among one-piece toilets, the 2847.128.222 Town Square FloWise RH Elongated One Piece Toilet from American Standard is a great pick. Its elongated design is pleasing to the eye, and it uses a water-efficient flushing system that uses only 1.28 gallons of water. Made out of vitreous china, it is not just a necessary appliance for your bathroom, but a modern accessory as well.
For two-piece toilets, the KOHLER K-3817-0 considered by many users a game changer. It is elegant, easy to use with just the right height, and uses a strong, powerful flushing system to make the best use of just 1.28 gallons of water per flush.
How To Choose A Flushing Toilet?
Choosing a new toilet may be overwhelming, or even a little unappealing. Don’t worry – read on and we will guide you through the process every step of the way. These are some of the things you should look into before buying a new product:
✓ Flush type
Do you want a pressure-assisted flush or a gravity flush? The former is loud and expensive but flushes more comprehensively and is considered the strongest flushing toilet, whereas gravity flush is quite but not so powerful. You can also opt for dual flush if you like.
✓ Seat height
The toilet seat height can be a deal breaker if it is too high or too low for you. The best way to go forward is to pick an ADA-compliant model – they tend to fit all sizes.
A new toilet is not just an appliance, but a piece of furniture as well. Make sure it is well suited to the color scheme and decor of your bathroom.
Noise is an important side of buying a new toilet that is often overlooked. Particularly for bathrooms in a living room or dining room, pick a toilet that comes with little to no sound.
Trapways are the pipes behind the toilet that carry the waste. Most people prefer a concealed trapway as opposed to an open one because they are easy to keep clean, but it more costly too.
➧ Right value for your money
Keep your budget in mind when you are looking for a flushing toilet. For example, if you have a limited budget, it is better not to look for high-end features like touchless flushing or pre-heated seats.
➧ Space headache
Before settling on a model, check whether that the toilet will fit where you want it. Measure the sizes – height, width, and front length to be sure.
➧ Water-saving features
Look for high-efficiency flushing toilets, especially those that use 1.3 gallons or less for each flush. Not only will help you with your water bill, you might even get a tax rebate from your government!
➧ Compatibility with your current system
Be sure to check whether the model you picked supports your existing water and drainage connections. You wouldn’t want to spend in an expensive converter after buying a toilet, would you?
What Are The Benefits of Using Flushing Toilet?
1. Saves water
Most flushing toilets come with water-efficient technology, using water between the range of a mere 1 gallon to 1.6 gallons compared to the traditional 3.5 to 7 gallons. This, in turn, results in lower water bills and conservation of the environment.
2. Saves money
Did you know that many states in the US and countries in the Europe offer tax rebates if you buy a water-efficient toilet? This is to encourage you to save water, and you get financial benefits too from your best flushing toilet!
3. Complements your bathroom
Toilets have become a big part of the modern bathrooms, both in terms of aesthetics and interior decor. A modern, sleek-looking toilet can enhance the overall look and feel great.
4. More hygiene
Having a flushing toilet means more ways to get rid of your waste, and stay clean and fresh.
10 Best Flushing Toilet Reviewed in Details Below:
1. TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Elongated One Piece Toilet
Its sleek look is complemented by a flushing system that uses only 1.28 gallons of water for each flush. Compared to the existing standard of 1.6 gallons per flush, this is quite the leap. For this reason, Toto lists this product as a High-Efficiency Toilet (HET).
Furthermore, its patented SanaGloss technology helps keep the bowl clean and shining after each flush. At around 17 inches in height, this is a universal toilet perfectly suited for you.
- Uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush
- Elongated bowl
- Powerful, yet near noiseless flush
- Universal height, including ADA height
- Patented SoftClose technology to easily close the toilet seat
- Clogging can be an issue after prolonged use
- The flapper on the water tank might stop closing fully over time
2. TOTO CST744SG#01 Drake 2-Piece Toilet
This best flushing toilet comes with Toto’s usual handy features – SanaGloss technology that keeps the bowl clean after each flush, rough-in measuring 12-inch, and around 15 inches of height without the seat.
- Modern, sleek design
- 3-inch valves for powerful yet quiet flushes
- SanaGloss for shiny, clean bowl after flushing
- Standard rough-in
- Rarely, the valve and flapper may leak after a couple of years
- Some users have reported an issue of clogging
3. American Standard 2034.014.020 Champion-4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet
This toilet comes with an elongated, ADA compliant design made out of vitreous china. Its patented EverClean technology helps ward off stain and bacteria that cause bad odor.
- One-piece toilet with modern design
- Prevents stains and bad odor-causing bacteria
- Made out of elegant china
- Commercial-grade Siphon Jet Flush
- Sometimes the amount of water for flushing may seem a bit low
- Stains can be visible if not maintained properly
4. KOHLER K-3817-0 Memoirs Stately Comfort Height Two-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Toilet
Its highly efficient flush uses a mere 1.28 gallons of water, without compromising any flushing power, making it a most powerful flushing toilet. The bowl is placed at chair height for an adult, making it very convenient to use.
- Two-piece toilet with modern design
- Comfortable height complemented by elongated bowl
- Strong flush despite using only 1.28 gallons of water
- The chair design may be difficult for not-so-tall people
- Sometimes it may require more than one flush to do the job
5. Saniflo 023 SANICOMPACT 48 One piece Toilet
This compact toilet is also pretty water efficient, using only 1 gallon of water per flush. Add to that the chrome hinges on the toilet seat, and you get a handy yet beautiful solution for your bathroom.
- Water efficient uses one gallon of water only
- Vertical and horizontal pumping measures up to 9 and 100 feet respectively
- Stylish chrome hinges installed on the seat
- Not designed for mass use
- Sometimes the toilet can get clogged
6. TOTO MS863113#01 Supreme Round One Piece Toilet
The best thing about this best flushing toilet is that is taken very little space in your bathroom, about 27 inches on the front, while the tank measures at just 24 inches in height.
- Powerful yet quiet flush
- 3-inch wide valve means stronger flush flow
- Stylish, but low profile
- Uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush
- The glazed bowl can sometimes pick up stains
- The water valve may need replacing after a couple of years
7. American Standard 2847.128.222 Town Square FloWise RH Elongated One Piece Toilet
- One-piece, elongated design
- Very easy to keep clean and shiny
- Rough-in measures at 12 inches
- Can be a bit too heavy to install
- The seat can be a little hard to close after prolonged use
8. TOTO MS964214CEFG#03 Eco Soiree Elongated One Piece Toilet
Toto’s patented SanaGloss keeps the bowl glazed and clean, accompanies by a strongest flushing toilet system that uses only 1.28 gallons of water.
- Strong flushing system (Double Cyclone)
- SoftClose seats with elongated bowl
- 12-inch rough-in
- Universal height
- Some customers have reported a clogging issue
- The glazed bowl may pick up stains over the years
9. American Standard 2887.216.020 H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Elongated Two-Piece Toilet
It comes with a dual flush technology that uses a mere 1.6 gallons of water per flush. The elongated shape is accompanied by a 12-inch rough in.
- Siphonic flush action ensures great, powerful flush
- Water efficient uses 1.6 gallons of water only
- Standard heightFacial and body exfoliation
- Water tank takes very little space
- Seat not included
- The valve may start to leak after prolonged use
10. Kohler K-3978-0 Wellworth Elongated 1.6 gpf Toilet
This best flushing toilet uses 1.6 gallons of water and comes with a 12-inch rough-in. Its pre-installed bolts for the tank will save you precious time and effort.
- Modern, elongated design with standard height
- Regular 12-inch rough-in
- Hassle-free installation
- Bulk waste flushing prevents clogging
- Flush water coming from bottom may not be enough to clean stains on the bowl
- Sometimes the tank takes a bit of time to fill up
As for our recommendation, we love the 2847.128.222 Town Square FloWise RH Elongated One Piece Toilet from American Standard among one-piece models for its ease of cleaning, classy design, and efficient flushing system.
For two-piece models, our pick is the KOHLER K-3817-0 Memoirs Stately Comfort Height Two-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Toilet for its right height, solid look, and strong flush.
It might sound a bit dramatic, but a big part of our peace of mind depends on the reliability and long-term service from our toilet. The best flushing toilet is one appliance that should require the least amount of hassle, and a good toilet should be able to deliver that. Pick one from our list that matches your requirements, and we assure you, you won’t regret it.