An electric knife is essentially an advanced version of the traditional kitchen knife. It serves great utility in the kitchen, but can also be great for the outdoors.
Electric knives consist of two serrated blades that are attached to a handle. Once the device is turned on, the rotary motor will cause the blades to “saw” with a rapid back and forth motion.
With an incredibly wide range of best electric knife available on the market, it would be smart to do a bit of research.
- Best Electric Knife in 2018 – Summary
- What is an Electric Knife?”
- Our Favorites Electric Knives
- What to Consider when Choosing One?
- What are the Benefits of Having a Cordless Electric Knife?
- 10 Best Rated Electric Knife Reviews
- 1. American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife – Best Rated Electric Filet Knife
- 2. Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife – The Best Tool for Precision
- 3. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife – The Bestseller
- 4. BLACK+DECKER EK700 Electric Carving Knife
- 5. Oster FPSTEK2803B Electric Knife – Compact Electric Knife
- 6. Proctor Silex Stainless Steel Electric Knife – Best Electric Knife For Cutting Meat
- 7. Rapala Lithium Ion Fillet Knife – Top Rated Cordless Electric Knife
- 8. Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve ‘n Set Electric Knife – The Sleek Electric Knife
- 9. Mister Twister MT-1208 SW Piranha Knife
- In Conclusion
Best Electric Knife in 2018 – Summary
What is an Electric Knife?”
Today, many gadgets on the market are aimed at making life a bit easier. These gadgets either fall under the category of a hyped up fad or end up being a must-have item.
There are many electric knives on the market, but cordless electric knife is definitely a must-have.
If you don’t already own one, then you really need to look into the many uses of an electric knife.
Electric knives have been around for quite some time. They’ve withstood the test of time, and have only become more functional with the upgrades that have taken place over the years.
The best electric kitchen knife for you will depend on your intended use.
Different models will perform better at different tasks.
Blades also have their distinct uses. Blade length typically ranges from 7 to 9 inches.
Our Favorites Electric Knives
– 7.75” carving and bread blade
– Includes case for neat storage
This isn’t the best one out there – nor will it successfully perform heavy-duty tasks.
But, it is perfect for those looking for a relatively inexpensive electric knife that will perform basic cutting tasks.
This knife is a great option for those wanting to opt for a bit more speed and convenience during their meal preparation.
What to Consider when Choosing One?
A. Do you want a knife with a cord or to go cordless?
You have 2 options when it comes to the cord: cord or cordless.
With a cord, the obvious downside is that it will be more difficult for you to maneuver the knife around.
If you go with a knife with a cord, pay attention to the cord length.
I’m sure you don’t want to bring out the extension cord each time you slice a loaf of bread. Make sure the cord is long enough for the area you intend to use the knife.
Ok, now you’ve chosen the best rated cordless electric knife out there.
Yes, a cordless knife will be much more portable. But, that’s the only thing you’ll have going for you.
Downsides to a cordless electric knife:
– Need to charge it
– Poor performance when battery is running low
B. How will you use the knife?
What are you planning to cut with the knife? How often do you plan on using it?
These are questions you need to ask yourself before going forward with a purchase.
C. Which blades will you need?
An electric knife has many functional purposes. But that depends on the strength of the motor and the type of blade you are using.
Some electric knives are ideal for less intensive purposes such as slicing bread, cutting veggies, and fileting fish.
While others are designed for more heavy-duty tasks.
Think about what you are hoping to get out of your knife. What do you intend to use your electric knife for mostly?
Do you intend on pulling out your electric knife every Thanksgiving dinner? If this is the case, then a model with a blade designed specifically for cleaning fish won’t be a smart decision.
Thin blades that are 7.5” in length are better for handling fish. Thicker blades over 8” are more practical for poultry and other types of meat.
D. Is it easy for you to find replacement parts?
Even if you’re incredibly gentle and careful with your knife – or maybe, you rarely use it – at some point in time, you’re bound to find yourself looking into replacement parts.
As great as the internet is, it’s not always easy to find replacement parts.
Make sure you look into how easy it is to buy replacement pieces, or you will end up with an overpriced paperweight.
E. How is the grip?
Ergonomic. This word is all over the place under the product descriptions.
Well, ergonomic is definitely what you want.
This just means the handle will be contoured in a way that makes it much easier for you to grip – and less painful.
What are the Benefits of Having a Cordless Electric Knife?
A traditional kitchen knife just won’t cut it for you anymore. Pun intended.
1. Quality Cuts and Slices
A good electric knife will save you a lot of time. You’ll spend less time trying to cut through the tough meat.
Food is food. But, the presentation is important.
Food is actually much more enjoyable when it’s visually appealing.
A great electric knife will give you quality and consistency in your slices.
n electric knife might actually be a lot safer for you.
Traditional kitchen knives tend to get dull very easily when they’re consistently in use. Chances are you’re not sharpening your kitchen knives as often as you should.
Admit it – if your knife is a bit dull, you’d probably use more force. Well, using more force means you could end up hurting yourself pretty badly if you had an accident.
Using a traditional knife that is either dull or not well-suited for your task at hand could cause pain and discomfort in your wrist.
With an electric knife, you have the ability to customize your knife through switching out blades.
What’s the best thing about an electric knife? It’s versatility.
Electric knives are a great replacement for traditional knives in the kitchen.
Many top chefs use electric knives. An electric knife will give a professional chef the precision when it comes to making the right cut.
That’s not it.
10 Best Rated Electric Knife Reviews
1. American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife – Best Rated Electric Filet Knife
The ergonomic handset is comfortable and easy to grip. There is an airflow system within the handset, allowing the knife to stay cool after extended periods of use. This knife is definitely a bit more on the pricey side, but it is a good investment for the quality you will receive. This product is highly recommended for those expecting to get a lot of use out of their electric knife.
- 2-year limited lifetime warranty
- 4X the lifespan of any other “heavy-duty” electric fillet knife
- PRO series motor boasts 2X more torque than other electric knives (110 Volt)
- The handset is compatible with all variations of American Angler replacement blades
- Comes with 5 different blades
- More pricey
2. Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife – The Best Tool for PrecisionThere is twice the speed and triple the power as your standard electric knife. With a relaxed and comfortable grip, this electric fillet knife is easy to maneuver as you are cutting and preparing food. The dishwasher safe 7.5” blades are incredibly sharp and thin.
This makes it ideal for cleaning fish, as well as with cutting tasks that will involve precision. However, thin blades might be a downside if you are looking for an electric knife for more heavy-duty tasks.
- 1-year warranty
- Sharp blades that are dishwasher safe
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable grip
- Doesn’t come with a case for storage
- Doesn’t come with replacement blades
- Thin blades not ideal for cutting through thicker bones and materials
3. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife – The Bestseller
The 4 ft. cord allows for convenient maneuverability around your cutting area. The overall design of the knife along with its included storage tray allows for easy storage in your kitchen. This might be the best electric knife for cutting bread, but it is not ideal to take on tougher tasks.
- Wood block storage tray eliminates countertop clutter
- 2 blades are included: bread blade and carving blade
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Many customer reviews indicating a flaw in the design (plastic casing tends to crack with minimal use)
- Not a powerful knife
4. BLACK+DECKER EK700 Electric Carving Knife
This is the ideal knife for meats, poultry, and bread. You’ll find that this is also the best electric carving knife for brisket. It is simple to remove the blades to wash or replace with the touch of one button.
- 1-year warranty
- Ergonomic handle
- Safety lock button prevents the knife from turning on while plugged in
- Blade release button makes it easy to remove blades
- Overall design is a bit bulkier than other electric knives
5. Oster FPSTEK2803B Electric Knife – Compact Electric Knife
When not in use, you can easily store it in the compact case that is included. Although the handle is ergonomic, it is an awkward design that may be a bit uncomfortable for long periods of cutting.
- Good price
- Includes carving fork and storage case
- Ergonomic handle
- Awkward design for handle
- Not powerful enough for tougher tasks
6. Proctor Silex Stainless Steel Electric Knife – Best Electric Knife For Cutting Meat
It’s touch button control makes it incredibly easy to operate. It is a good price for an electric knife that will perform most basic cutting tasks. This is a good choice for those looking for more convenience in meal preparation. This is one of the best quality electric carving knife for brisket.
- Sleek design
- Designed for left and right-handed use
- Good price
- Contoured grip with vinyl handle
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty tasks
7. Rapala Lithium Ion Fillet Knife – Top Rated Cordless Electric Knife
The price of this knife is a bit higher than similar alternatives on the market. In exchange for its easy maneuverability, you compromise strength and durability in its cutting power. This is the best electric knife for fish.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery: 80 minutes run time on single charge
- Effective airflow system
- Lightweight handle allows for easy maneuverability
- Not strong enough to handle larger bones or tough material
- Takes at least 2 hours to fully recharge
- There are alternatives on the market with similar features for more affordable prices
8. Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve ‘n Set Electric Knife – The Sleek Electric Knife
This is the best electric knife for cutting bread. But that’s not it. This is also the best tool to effortlessly cut through a variety of meats.
- Sleek design
- Space-saving storage case
- Ergonomic handle
- Unit is large for smaller hands
- Tends to overheat in short periods of time
9. Mister Twister MT-1208 SW Piranha Knife
For the same price, there are much better options available on the market with higher quality and performance. Nonetheless, the blade is sharp and thin allowing it to easily serve its functional purposes in dealing with fish and other smaller cuts.
- Thin blade for smaller tasks
- Only comes with one blade
- Hard to find replacement pieces and parts
- Overpriced for its value
- Design looks flimsy
- Short cord makes it hard to maneuver
Now that you’re an expert on electric knives, it should be easy for you to choose the best electric knife for yourself.
If you’re still feeling a bit indecisive then here is all you need to know.
If you are looking for a high-quality knife with strong performance and precision then go with the . Provided that you don’t mind paying a bit more for quality.
If you are just looking for a decent knife that will save you time and make your life easier, then go with the BLACK+DECKER EK700 Electric Carving Knife or .