An electric knife is essentially an advanced version of the traditional kitchen knife. It serves great utility in the kitchen, but can also be great for the outdoors. Electric knives consist of two serrated blades that are attached to a handle. Once the device is turned on, the rotary motor will cause the blades to “saw” with a rapid back and forth motion. With an incredibly wide range of best electric knife available on the market, it would be smart to do a bit of research.
Best Electric Knife in 2018 – Summary
What is the “Best Electric Knife?”
Today, many gadgets on the market are aimed at making life a bit easier. These gadgets either fall under the category of a hyped up fad or end up being a must-have item.
There are many electric knives on the market, but the best electric knife is definitely a must-have.
If you don’t already own one, then you really need to look into the many uses of an electric knife.
Electric knives have been around for quite some time. They’ve withstood the test of time, and have only become more functional with the upgrades that have taken place over the years.
The best electric knife for you will depend on your intended use.
Different models will perform better at different tasks.
Blades also have their distinct uses. Blade length typically ranges from 7 to 9 inches.
Our Favorites Electric Knives
– 7.75” carving and bread blade
– Includes case for neat storage
This isn’t the best electric knife out there – nor will it successfully perform heavy-duty tasks.
But, it is perfect for those looking for a relatively inexpensive electric knife that will perform basic cutting tasks.
This knife is a great option for those wanting to opt for a bit more speed and convenience during their meal preparation.
What to Consider when Choosing the Best Electric Knife for Yourself?
A. Do you want a knife with a cord or to go cordless?
You have 2 options when it comes to the cord: cord or cordless.
With a cord, the obvious downside is that it will be more difficult for you to maneuver the knife around.
If you go with a knife with a cord, pay attention to the cord length.
I’m sure you don’t want to bring out the extension cord each time you slice a loaf of bread. Make sure the cord is long enough for the area you intend to use the knife.
Ok, now you’ve chosen the best cordless electric knife out there.
Yes, a cordless knife will be much more portable. But, that’s the only thing you’ll have going for you.
Downsides to a cordless electric knife:
– Need to charge it
– Poor performance when battery is running low
B. How will you use the knife?
What are you planning to cut with the knife? How often do you plan on using it?
These are questions you need to ask yourself before going forward with a purchase.
C. Which blades will you need?
An electric knife has many functional purposes. But that depends on the strength of the motor and the type of blade you are using.
Some electric knives are ideal for less intensive purposes such as slicing bread, cutting veggies, and fileting fish.
While others are designed for more heavy-duty tasks.
Think about what you are hoping to get out of your knife. What do you intend to use your electric knife for mostly?
Do you intend on pulling out your electric knife every Thanksgiving dinner? If this is the case, then a model with a blade designed specifically for cleaning fish won’t be a smart decision.
Thin blades that are 7.5” in length are better for handling fish. Thicker blades over 8” are more practical for poultry and other types of meat.
D. Is it easy for you to find replacement parts?
Even if you’re incredibly gentle and careful with your knife – or maybe, you rarely use it – at some point in time, you’re bound to find yourself looking into replacement parts.
As great as the internet is, it’s not always easy to find replacement parts.
Make sure you look into how easy it is to buy replacement pieces, or you will end up with an overpriced paperweight.
E. How is the grip?
Ergonomic. This word is all over the place under the product descriptions.
Well, ergonomic is definitely what you want.
This just means the handle will be contoured in a way that makes it much easier for you to grip – and less painful.
What are the Benefits of Having the Best Electric Knife?
A traditional kitchen knife just won’t cut it for you anymore. Pun intended.
1. Quality Cuts and Slices
A good electric knife will save you a lot of time. You’ll spend less time trying to cut through the tough meat.
Food is food. But, the presentation is important.
Food is actually much more enjoyable when it’s visually appealing.
A great electric knife will give you quality and consistency in your slices.
n electric knife might actually be a lot safer for you.
Traditional kitchen knives tend to get dull very easily when they’re consistently in use. Chances are you’re not sharpening your kitchen knives as often as you should.
Admit it – if your knife is a bit dull, you’d probably use more force. Well, using more force means you could end up hurting yourself pretty badly if you had an accident.
Using a traditional knife that is either dull or not well-suited for your task at hand could cause pain and discomfort in your wrist.
With an electric knife, you have the ability to customize your knife through switching out blades.
What’s the best thing about an electric knife? It’s versatility.
Electric knives are a great replacement for traditional knives in the kitchen.
Many top chefs use electric knives. An electric knife will give a professional chef the precision when it comes to making the right cut.
That’s not it.
Ten Best Electric Knife on the Market in 2017- Reviews
1. American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife – The Electric Knife for the Pro
- 2-year limited lifetime warranty
- 4X the lifespan of any other “heavy-duty” electric fillet knife
- PRO series motor boasts 2X more torque than other electric knives (110 Volt)
- The handset is compatible with all variations of American Angler replacement blades
- Comes with 5 different blades
- More pricey
2. Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife – The Best Tool for Precision
- 1-year warranty
- Sharp blades that are dishwasher safe
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable grip
- Doesn’t come with a case for storage
- Doesn’t come with replacement blades
- Thin blades not ideal for cutting through thicker bones and materials
3. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife – The Bestseller
- Wood block storage tray eliminates countertop clutter
- 2 blades are included: bread blade and carving blade
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Many customer reviews indicating a flaw in the design (plastic casing tends to crack with minimal use)
- Not a powerful knife
4. BLACK+DECKER EK700 Electric Carving Knife – The “Safe” Electric Knife
- 1-year warranty
- Ergonomic handle
- Safety lock button prevents the knife from turning on while plugged in
- Blade release button makes it easy to remove blades
- Overall design is a bit bulkier than other electric knives
5. Oster FPSTEK2803B Electric Knife – The Compact Electric Knife
- Good price
- Includes carving fork and storage case
- Ergonomic handle
- Awkward design for handle
- Not powerful enough for tougher tasks
6. Proctor Silex Stainless Steel Electric Knife – The Electric Knife that Looks Good
- Sleek design
- Designed for left and right-handed use
- Good price
- Contoured grip with vinyl handle
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty tasks
7. Rapala Lithium Ion Fillet Knife – The Best Cordless Electric Knife
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery: 80 minutes run time on single charge
- Effective airflow system
- Lightweight handle allows for easy maneuverability
- Not strong enough to handle larger bones or tough material
- Takes at least 2 hours to fully recharge
- There are alternatives on the market with similar features for more affordable prices
8. Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve ‘n Set Electric Knife – The Sleek Electric Knife
- Sleek design
- Space-saving storage case
- Ergonomic handle
- Unit is large for smaller hands
- Tends to overheat in short periods of time
9. Mister Twister MT-1208 SW Piranha Knife
- Thin blade for smaller tasks
- Only comes with one blade
- Hard to find replacement pieces and parts
- Overpriced for its value
- Design looks flimsy
- Short cord makes it hard to maneuver
Now that you’re an expert on electric knives, it should be easy for you to choose the best electric knife for yourself.
If you’re still feeling a bit indecisive then here is all you need to know.
If you are looking for a high-quality knife with strong performance and precision then go with the American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife. Provided that you don’t mind paying a bit more for quality.