Every mother knows that the secret to a healthy bottom and a happy baby is the diaper rash cream.I myself have tried out many different brands some expensive some not to find the perfect one for my two little girls.
In the end, the best diaper rash creams will not only relieve diaper rash and soothe the irritation but also form a protective layer that protects your baby against diaper rash.
Our Favorite Diaper-Rash Creams:
Most diaper rash creams also serve as a diaper rash treatment as well as a barrier cream.
I prefer the best natural diaper rash cream for my baby as an organic and natural cream contains only natural substances that are non-irritating and good for babies skin.
Zinc oxide is also an excellent ingredient that is found in most synthetic and some organic diaper rash creams that heal and protects baby’s delicate skin.
Being an organic fan I most definitely will go with the Era Organics Diaper Rash Cream as being one of the most beneficial diaper rash creams that are also versatile enough to use as an all over body cream. I am currently using the Natural Diaper Rash Cream and it has worked exceptionally well for both my girls.
Five Best Diaper Rash Creams for 2018 – Summary
How to Pick a Rash Creams For Babies?
There are so many different types of diaper rash creams and barrier creams available today making it remarkably hard to find the right one for your baby.
Here are a few things among the many to consider when choosing a diaper rash cream, keeping in mind that it will be a trial and error process!!
• Take note that your baby might have an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients in the diaper rash cream or it may not work as effectively on your baby as on others.
• Most synthetic diaper rash creams contain zinc oxide and corn starch, along with petroleum jelly and glycerine, which are amazing at protecting baby’s bottom as well as soothing a rash.
• Organic diaper creams can contain all or any of these amazing natural ingredients, calendula, lavender, shea butter, beeswax, cocoa butter, olive oil, coconut oil and many other natural substances that help to nourish the skin, prevent and treat diaper rash.
• You can also consider mixing zinc oxide with coconut oil for a very effective and hypoallergenic diaper rash cream or just using coconut oil.
• Every brand promises you a diaper rash cream that works and that is the top quality diaper rash cream, and not one brand is bad, it’s up to you to find the brand that works for you.
• It is always a good idea to look for well-known brands with many good ratings and reviews as this is also one of your best options to try out.
C. Diaper Rash Cream for Diarrhoea and Teething;
• When your baby suffers from diarrhea or is teething you need something extra strong and protective to prevent and treat diaper rash.
• A good barrier cream that is thick and pasty will help to protect your baby against diarrhea and acid nappy burns from teething.
• Soothing organic diaper cream or diaper rash treatment creams will help to heal rash and burns.
D. The Best Natural Diaper Rash Cream;
• An organic or natural diaper rash cream is usually the best option as it is less likely to cause irritation.
• Most organic or natural diaper rash creams are very thin and do not provide the extra layer of protection, therefore try to look for something with beeswax in it for that extra barrier.
• The best natural diaper rash cream contains ingredients that will soothe and heal diaper rash and burns as well as other skin conditions and dry skin.
E. The Best Synthetic Diaper Rash Cream;
• Synthetic diaper rash creams can be just as effective as natural or organic diaper rash creams.
• Most synthetic rash creams contain zinc oxide, glycerine, and petroleum jelly which heals and soothes baby’s skin.
• I find that most synthetic diaper rash creams are much better at creating a protective barrier and stay on baby’s skin much longer.
• Thick synthetic diaper rash creams are very hard to wash off though.
Keeping these aspects in mind you should be able to have a clear idea as to what to opt for when choosing the best diaper rash cream for your little one.
Always make sure to look at the ingredients and instructions of any diaper rash cream.
What Are The Benefits of using Diaper Cream for Your Baby?
Doing what is best to keep your baby’s skin healthy and rash-free is what will make a happy and content baby. Choosing the Best Rash Creams that works for your little one is not just beneficial but a vital step in the best care for your baby.
Here are a few benefits that you can look forward to when choosing a diaper-rash creams for your little one;
A. Rash Creams treatment cream will heal, soothe and moisturize your baby’s skin.
B. a good barrier cream will prevent diaper rash and acid burn when you accidentally leave the nappy on a bit too long or when your baby is teething
C. Diaper rash cream will heal burns and rashes as well as protect your baby’s skin against rashes when your baby is sick or teething.
D. organic and natural diaper rash creams tend to be less irritation and less likely to form an allergic reaction.
E. The best natural diaper rash cream contains only pure and natural ingredients which are more nourishing and healing for the skin and can also be used as a skin treatment for dry skin or other skin conditions on the rest of your baby’s body.
F. your baby’s skin will be soft, well moisturized and healthy when you use the rash creams for babies.
G. Rash creams for babies can also be used for adults as well as other parts of the baby’s body for moisturization, as well as to heal other skin conditions such as eczema, sunburn or rash.
H. The diaper rash cream will also last you longer as well as being a great investment for the money.
These are all benefits that you will experience when choosing a rash cream for babies!
Our In-depth Guide To The Nine Best Rash Creams For Baby Diapers Available:
And without any further a due let us look at what has rated the top natural diaper rash cream for today, as well as a few of my personal favorites included;
1. The Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream
The Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic which is two very important characteristics to always look for in any diaper rash cream!
This diaper rash cream forms a paste that works very fast to relieve painful diaper rash and soothe and protect raw and irritated skin.
The Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream also creates a protective barrier on your baby’s skin that will protect it from further being irritated or burnt.
- Excellent in preventing and treating diaper rash.
- Some of the best reviews and ratings.
- Glides on easily and works very well.
- Protects baby’s bottom perfectly.
- Excellent quality.
- Very expensive.
- One customer received an order that had a grainy and not smooth feel to it.
2. The Desitin Diaper Rash Cream
I have read through quite a few reviews that mention Desitin as being one of the top natural diaper creams, and many mothers swear by it.
Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and tested by dermatologists which mean it is not only an excellent diaper rash cream but also good for your baby’s skin. This is a diaper rash cream that does not only soothe and heal diaper rash but also protects your baby’s bottom against diaper rash.
- Very creamy and easy to apply.
- Excellent reviews and ratings.
- A color that is easy to see and clean in the folds of the baby.
- Provides relief from diaper rash almost instantly.
- Long lasting protection.
- Prevents diaper rash.
- Comes in a lovely and convenient tub.
- Not recommended for sensitive skin.
- A few customers received an unsealed product.
3. The Aquafor Baby Healing Ointment
The Aquafor Baby Healing Ointment is not only a diaper rash cream but also a diaper rash treatment that is recommended by pediatricians.
Formulated with 41% petroleum and panthenol and glycerine which protects and nourishes the skin.
The Aquafor Baby Healing Ointment also helps to moisturize dry and chapped skin as well as relieve irritation and rashes.
- Does exactly what it says, moisturizes soothes and protects.
- The best reviews and highest ratings.
- Excellent for sensitive skin.
- You can use it on dry heels and hands as well.
- An excellent quality product that works very well.
- Has a funny fish smell.
- Some customers received products that were already opened.
4. Burt’s Bees Diaper Rash Ointment
The Burt’s Bees Diaper Rash Ointment is a natural diaper rash cream that can be used on your baby from head to toes.
With ingredients such as moisturizing buttermilk, beeswax, and shea butter your baby’s skin is well protected and perfectly nourished.
The lovely scent you will notice in the Burt’s Bees Diaper Rash Ointment should also not alarm you as it comes from all natural ingredients that are healthy for baby’s skin.
- Very effective.
- Great for allergic and sensitive skin.
- Some good reviews and high ratings.
- Applies really well and stays on.
- Great for use on adult skin as well.
- Not as thick as the original formula.
- Does not prevent diaper rash as well as the original formula.
5. Diaper Rash Ointment by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
If you are looking for the thickest barrier protection than the Diaper Rash Ointment by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste is exactly what you need.
This is one of the highest quality diaper rash creams for diarrhea and teething babies as it forms a thick barrier to protect your baby’s skin and also contains healing zinc oxide.
The Diaper Rash Ointment by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste also contains no harsh ingredients and harmful substances that may cause an allergic reaction
- Comes in a handy travel size.
- Excellent reviews and ratings.
- Excellent protection against diaper rash.
- Soothes and heals rashes.
- Can be used by adults for other skin ailments.
- Easy to apply and works very well.
- One customer received a counterfeit product.
- Some babies had an allergic reaction to the cream.
6. California Baby Sensitive Diaper Rash Cream
For therapeutic relief for a very sensitive skin you can trust the California Baby Sensitive Diaper Rash Cream, it is water and preservative free and rich and pure to provide you with the most soothing diaper rash cream.
The California Baby Sensitive Diaper Rash Cream is manufactured from purified lanolin, zinc oxide, and coconut oil which is all that you need.
- A great environmentally friendly product.
- Works very well for moms who use cloth diapers.
- Soothes and prevents rashes.
- Excellent for sensitive skin.
- Works very well and is worth its price.
- Very expensive.
- Some complaints about babies that got a rash from the product.
7. Seventh Generation Baby Rash Cream
The Seventh Generation Baby Rash Cream is also USDA certified as being a Biobased product and pediatrician tested. It contains no harmful substances only the purest coconut oil with benefits that you can rely on.
- Only pure ingredients.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- Excellent for sensitive skin.
- Soothes protects and moisturizes baby’s skin.
- Great for use on newborns.
- Very expensive.
- There were a few cases where the baby had an allergic reaction to this cream.
8. Natural Diaper Cream
My first choice as a diaper rash cream and general bum cream is theNatural Diaper Cream.
It is completely organic and natural containing extracts of herbs that have great healing properties as well as grape seed oil, coconut oil and beeswax which are ingredients that I always look for in a diaper rash cream. This diaper rash cream will soothe, nourish and protect your baby’s skin.
You can also use the Natural Diaper Cream for other areas on your baby’s skin and for other skin conditions or just like a moisturizer, it also works wonders for adults.
- Very versatile, can be used for any skin rashes or irritations.
- Light and smooth with a very pleasant scent.
- Works really well.
- This product has some of the best reviews and highest ratings.
- A few babies had an allergic reaction to this product.
9.Era Organics Diaper Rash Cream
Another excellent organic diaper rash cream th eEra Organics Diaper Rash Cream is 100% natural and USDA certified organic. This diaper rash cream ensures powerful healing, and protection as well as having anti-inflammatory properties.
The Era Organics Diaper Rash Cream contains superb ingredients such as sunflower oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, chamomile, calendula and much more.
Not only is this the best rash cream for baby it is also an excellent body cream as well as a great treatment for dry skin and other conditions. I personally give my seal of approval to this diaper rash cream!
- Relieves irritation from allergic reactions.
- Excellent to prevent and cure diaper rash.
- Works very well on sensitive skin.
- Great for babies and adults.
- Some excellent ratings and reviews.
- A few babies had an allergic reaction.
- Very expensive product.
From the reviews and my own personal experience, two diaper rash creams take the prize today.
The Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream to me is one of the best diaper rash cream for diarrhea and for teething babies as it works very fast to relieve diaper rash and also ensure the best protective barrier that is thick and pasty.
The second diaper rash cream that I found to be the best is the Natural Diaper Cream, it is an organic diaper rash cream and also the best natural diaper rash cream as well as the top diaper rash treatment cream. The Natural Diaper Cream has received some of the highest scores and ratings and it is also what I am using currently.
As you can see all the mentioned diaper rash creams have some of the best and purest ingredients;
These truly are the best diaper rash creams on the market hands down and I would most definitely try them if I were you!