Haircut is both a chore and a luxury; for hygiene purposes or just to keep up with the latest trends.
According to a survey done, men on average spend around $200 per year on haircuts while women are likely to spend as high as five times that amount!
Thus, if you’re on a mission to find an alternative solution to the expensive salon visits every month, the best cordless hair clipper is the way to go.
While saving your monthly cost, it provides you with the opportunity to style up your hair at your convenient time and place while paying utmost attention to your hygiene concerns.
- Why cordless clippers?
- Our 3 Best Cordless Hair Clippers
- Buyer’s Guide
- Why Should You Buy cordless hair Trimmer?
- 10 Best Cordless Hair Trimmers – Detailed Reviews:
- 1. Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper #79600-2101
- 2. Braun Cruzer 5 Hair Clipper 1 Count
- 3. Panasonic ER224S Men’s Cordless Wet/Dry Hair, Beard and Body Electric Trimmer
- 4. Sminiker Professional Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers Set
- 5. Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
- 6. Andis Professional Ceramic Hair Clipper
- 7. Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper
- 8. Conair Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless 20pc. Professional Clipper
- 9. Remington SCC-100 Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable Cordless Haircut Kit
- 10. Wahl Professional Cordless Designer Clipper #8591
Why cordless clippers?
You wouldn’t want wires tangling around you as you’re giving yourself a trim. For such convenience, cordless clippers are your best option.
Our 3 Best Cordless Hair Clippers
Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
Wahl is the first brand to introduce electric hair clippers back in 1919. Ever since then, they have enjoyed success and innovation like this particular hair clipper.
With its promising battery life, efficient and range of trimming accessories, excellent power and high precision, it has been reviewed as one of the best cordless hair clipper by its users.
Panasonic ER224S Men’s Cordless Wet/Dry Hair, Beard and Body Electric Trimmer
Panasonic is well known for its high quality products on offer such as this electric trimmer that features a sturdy and waterproof design along with 14 precision settings for a personalized grooming session.
It’s versatile and handles all your grooming needs while its hypoallergenic blades provide safety and a nonirritating trimming experience.
Andis Professional Ceramic Hair Clipper
This hair clipper claims to have the most powerful motor on the market and stands out against it competitors because of its exceptional quality.
With a 4.2 rating on amazon, it has built a reputation among-est its users for being the best cordless hair clipper.
Purchasing a hair clipper without knowing what makes it the best one can be confusing. Hence in the following section, we’ll be providing you with some of the important factors that you should take into consideration and look for before investing into your hair clipper so that you get the value for the money you pay.
Ease of use–
You need to consider a set of clipper that is easy to hold and use. Trimming your own hair contains certain risks, thus you want to make sure you have the perfect grip so you can have an effortless grooming session.
Along with the ease of use, you also want to ensure how ergonomic the design is; whether it is battery powered or cordless, lightweight or heavy, durable or not. The best hair clipper would be one that is lightweight, cordless and withstands rough use.
The best cordless hair clipper will come with a variety of attachments that lets you cut hair at different lengths and allows for different hair styling. Moreover, as maintaining the blades is also a concern, consider a set that comes with lubricating oils and cleaning brushes so you don’t need to make any additional purchases.
The highest quality of cordless hair clippers feature strong motors that can style any type of hair; thick or thin. They also come with refined blades for swift cutting, do not overheat and do not produce irritable motor noise.
Companies that offer warranty are those that are confident that their hair clippers provide quality service. Hence, opt for a minimum one year warranty when purchasing your clippers.
Why Should You Buy cordless hair Trimmer?
Making an effort to choosing the best hair clipper will undoubtedly benefit you in the long run.
Here is a detailed discussion on what you can expect to gain from purchasing the best cordless hair clipper:
If you are one of those people who need an almost regular trimming because of fast hair growth or because you want to always keep yourself groomed, owning a hair clipper would cut down your costs massively!
Our day to day schedule only gets busier thus arranging a salon appointment sometimes seems stressful once you realize all the time that’s going to go on traffic and waiting on long queues. This is when hair clippers come in handy as you can instantly satisfy yourself according to your most convenient time thus look and feel great more often!
Hair clippers allow you to experiment different hairstyles! You can watch Youtube tutorials and give yourself a complete new makeover each time. No more going for the easy option just to avoid your barber from messing your hair up!
Your hair clipper can be used for your other grooming purposes as well! For instance, works great with shaping your beard!
Experience a boost in self confidence as you successfully obtain your desired hairstyle!
The cordless feature allows you to take your clipper wherever you like! Going on a remote area camping trip? No more looking wild during your trip!
We understand that a switch from your daily barber visits and dependence on someone for your hair styling to individual grooming is a big step and can be perceived as a risky one.
Hence for your convenience, here in this article we have included a thorough, in depth discussion on 10 of the best cordless hair clippers found in the market today!
With the help of these reviews, we promise you an un problematic first experience with the highest quality hair clippers!
10 Best Cordless Hair Trimmers – Detailed Reviews:
1. Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper #79600-2101
This premium hair clipper with advanced technology includes multiple sizes of guide combs, a variety of hair cutting accessories, storage case and an easy to follow instruction booklet; all to ensure an effortless grooming session.
- Long lasting power; requires charge only once a month
- Sharp precision blades provide snag-free cutting
- Efficient trimming; on a professional level
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Excellent power
- Interchangeable comb heads
- The oil and brush it comes with are not resourceful
- Requires a few rounds of trimming to cut fully
- Flimsy construction
- Sensitive mini clippers
2. Braun Cruzer 5 Hair Clipper 1 Count
This Braun hair clipper allows for different hairstyles and delivers impeccable performance while giving your comfort the first preference.
It also promises easy cleaning under running water with its convenient washable design.
- Versatile; can be used for face, body and hair
- Allows for high precision
- Easy to use
- Attachments come with multiple adjustment points to suit your need
- Holds charge for a good amount of time
- Reviewed as the best cordless beard trimmer by many users
- No travel casing
- Not long lasting
- Does not work well with thick hair
3. Panasonic ER224S Men’s Cordless Wet/Dry Hair, Beard and Body Electric Trimmer
A waterproof designed hair clipper that lets you groom yourself during shower too! Its dual settings allow you to use it as a beard trimmer as well as a hair clipper along with 14 precision settings for defined grooming.
- Hypoallergenic; non-irritating on sensitive skin
- Blades have extraordinary strength and performance
- An all-in-one toolkit
- Easy to maintain
- Quiet motor
- Weak bristles
- Charge does not stay too long
- Does not actually come with a cord as mentioned in their description
- The clippers are too large
- Hair gets clogged in the blades
4. Sminiker Professional Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers Set
This hair clipper is designed for safe trimming. It includes 3-6-9-12mm guide combs for adjustable height and titanium blades that do not get rusty; hence ensures durability while living up to your hair trimming demands.
- Soundless motor
- Sturdy set
- Interchangeable comb heads
- Includes additional battery
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Long lasting charge
- Difficult to obtain buzz cut
- Heats up during usage
- Guides are hard to put on
- The sharpness of the blades is highly criticized by users
5. Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
Another Wahl’s creation that is innovatively designed to live up to its user’s expectations; delivers sharp performance, high precision, 90+ minute run time with a single charge, 8 attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, red blade guard, and recharging transformer. It is mainly intended for professional use.
- Powerful battery
- Blades can be zero gapped
- Extremely sharp blades
- Extraordinary quality
- Cuts with great accuracy
- Provides generous power
- One of the highest rated electric trimmer on amazon
- Blades are prone to rusting
- Battery is complained to not charge after a few months
- Can cut skin if not handled carefully
- Needs to be maintained with every use
6. Andis Professional Ceramic Hair Clipper
Manufacturer of this hair clipper claims this to be the most powerful cordless motor clipper on the market. The battery deliveries uninterrupted service for at least an hour once fully charged. Meanwhile, the blades stay cool during usage; making it safer to use than traditional blades.
- Comes with 7 additional attachment combs
- Includes a storage case for travel
- Works incredibly well on thick hair
- Powerful engine
- Blades are easy to change and maintain
- Works great on pets too
- Outstanding quality
- Easy to hold
- Very expensive
- Heavy and bulky
- Malfunctions sometimes
- Sharp blades can cut into skin if handled carelessly
7. Philips Norelco QC5130 Hair Clipper
This hair clipper is designed such that it provides a safe and comfortable styling session with rounded blades that prevent skin irritation.
It also eliminates the hassle of changing attachments by providing its user with an adjustable comb that features 10 length settings.
- Ingenious slide mechanism
- Easy to clean
- Blades cut smoothly
- Lightweight and travel friendly
- Cheap but useful
- Can be used cordless or corded
- Stops holding charge after a while
- Poorly constructed
8. Conair Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless 20pc. Professional Clipper
This hair clipper claims to be the most effective performing retail clipper with a unique powerful motor and angled clipping blade system for a flawless cutting of all hair types. It also features a rapid charging system and gives you the option to use it corded or cordless.
- Freedom to choose whether you want corded or cordless
- Great pricing
- Dual voltage (100-240V); in case you want it to work outside of US
- Contains the required accessories; oil, cleaning brush, scissors
- Good battery life
- Smooth and swift cutting
- Works great as a beard trimmer too
- Poor warranty policy
- Flimsy clipper guards
- Extremely noisy
- Not long lasting
- Difficult to get a close cut
9. Remington SCC-100 Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable Cordless Haircut Kit
Remington provides its users with an easy to use cordless clipper that features curved blade technology for convenience, bi-directional blades that cut back and forth, built in guide comb for adjustable length, an additional balding comb for the ultimate close cut and a pop-up trimmer to further clean-up.
- Fast shaving
- Easy clean up after use
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- Effective for stubble look
- Difficult to attach brush to clipper
- Not suitable for a bald shave
- Takes a while to charge
- Needs to be cleaned on a daily basis so it doesn’t get clogged
- Not suitable for longer hair
10. Wahl Professional Cordless Designer Clipper #8591
Another of Wahl’s cordless clippers that is designed to deliver professional level hair styling at the comfort of your home; includes a taper lever that allows for easy fading and blending, a 90 minute run time and comes with all you would need for your desired grooming.
- Charge lasts long
- Delivers precise cuts
- Stronger motor than most clippers
- Does not pull on your hair when cutting
- Well powered
- Does not shave close to the skin
- Takes time to get your desired result
- Large attachment comb
- Not too durable
This brings us to the end of the discussion and hence the article. Hair plays an important role in our appearance thus it is important to be able to trust the product we use on our hair.
For such reasons, I recommend you to thoroughly read through our step by step guide to ensure you purchase the best cordless hair clipper for yourself that enhances the look of your hair and consequently your whole appearance.
A personal favorite is the Andis Professional Ceramic Hair Clipper.
Although pricey, it lives up to the manufacturer claims of being the most powerful cordless hair clipper on the market and therefore, won the hearts of its users!