The best copper cookware has recently been getting a lot of attention with more people opting to buy them compared to the usual suspects such as stainless steel and aluminum. This is because of the numerous benefits that people have realized that the cookware has which are not enjoyed when using other utensils. If you have been trying to find the best, money-worthy cookware for your kitchen with no success, read on to learn more about copper cooking pots.
- Copper Cookware Brands
- Five Best Copper Cookware for 2018 – Summary
- Things to Consider when Choosing A Copper Cooking Pots?
- What are the Benefits of Using the Copper Pots?
- Best Copper Cookware Reviews in 2018:
- 1. Cuisinart CTP-11AM Copper Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set
- 2. Calphalon Tri-Ply Copper 10 Piece Set
- 3. Lagostina Q554SA64 Martellata Tri-ply Hammered Stainless Steel Copper Oven Safe Cookware Set
- 4. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
- 5. Mauviel M’heritage M250B 9-piece 2.5mm Copper Cookware Set
- 6. All-Clad 6108SS Copper Core 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Fry Pan / Cookware
- 7. Mauviel 22 cm M’Heritage 150c Copper Round Fry Pan
- 8. Kila Chef Tri-Ply Copper Bottom Frying Pan
- 9. Mauviel Made In France M’Passion 2194.16
- 10. Mauviel Made in France M’Passion 2191.26 Egg White bowl
- Our Recommendation
Copper Cookware Brands
It is good to have an idea of what you are looking for before setting off to buy and here are a few brands you should check out for the best nonstick copper cookware.
This is the number one copper cook pot company as recommended by chefs around the world. Their pieces have a lot of copper cookware benefits and are of high quality. They are also quite expensive but very worth it.
2. All- clad
The company has focused all their cookware to achieving maximum heat control so as to get the best out of it. It is an American brand that is slightly inexpensive and has a lifetime guarantee.
3. Amoretti Brothers
Another high-end copper pot company that hand makes all the pieces to achieve different designs and looks.
Five Best Copper Cookware for 2018 – Summary
Things to Consider when Choosing A Copper Cooking Pots?
Cooking is more than simply making delicious food. It is about the process to achieve that and one of the things you need to get the best out of your cooking is the best copper cooking pots. When looking for the very best in the market, there are a few factors that you have to put into consideration.
A. Its thickness
If you are not new to cookware shopping, then you must know that the thicker it is the better. This is so as to avoid burning your food while it is uncooked and also because thicker cookware lasts longer. It is important to note that thicker, hence quality cookware, will be cost slightly more but it will be absolutely worth it.
B. Type of lining
Due to health concerns, it is inadvisable to use bare copper utensils since it may react with certain foods making it very dangerous. Usually, the best nonstick copper cookware is usually lined with either tin or stainless steel, which is less reactive and won’t affect your food. Tin is usually non-stick but it will age with time while stainless steel is very easy to clean and will always remain shiny. Choose the best lining according to your preferences.
C. Style of cooking
How you cook your food will determine the kind of copper cookware sets that you will purchase. If you do a lot of searing and frying then you are better off with stainless steel lined cookware. However, if you enjoy pan frying and sautéing than tin lined would serve you best.
The best nonstick copper cooking pot is quite expensive compared to the bare ones so you will have to dig deeper into your pockets. However, if you look at the amount of time that you will use the sets that you buy, it becomes worth the high price. The bare utensils are quite affordable but be cautious when using them so as not to get poisoning.
E. Smooth or hammered look
This is a purely aesthetic factor but it is important to some people especially if you like to serve food in your cookware. It mostly doesn’t have any effect on the performance of the cookware so you will be fine either way.
What are the Benefits of Using the Copper Pots?
1. Great adhesion
Copper is one metal that supports adhesion with other metals. For example one of the most common linings for copper cookware is stainless steel which copper supports perfectly. This allows you long time usage before you have to replace it.
2. Excellent conductivity
Copper is a great thermal conductor providing even heating, which is essential when cooking. This allows you to get the most out of your cooking without having to struggle too much with heat regulation.
3. Easy to clean
Copper is a soft metal so nothing really sticks to it so much as to give you trouble when cleaning. Usually, all you need is a copper paste and you can get off any grime from it.
4. Corrosion free
As much as it is a soft metal, it is not easy to corrode the best copper cooking pots since it provides an even coating that is not easily corroded.
5. Uniqueness and beauty
Copper has a beautiful color such that it brings a unique beauty to any cookware or utensil. This makes it a great accessory to use in decorating your kitchen in an efficient way.
6. Improves food flavor
Since it is such a great conductor of heat promoting even distribution, copper pot allows food to cook slowly utilizing its own juices which bring out great flavors in the food.
Best Copper Cookware Reviews in 2018:
1. Cuisinart CTP-11AM Copper Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 11-Piece Cookware Set
- All inclusive set to take care of all your cooking needs.
- Great construction to maximize heat distribution.
- Pure copper coating to ensure that they heat up and cool very fast.
- Easy-grip stainless steel handles.
- Easy to clean stainless steel lining.
- Heavyweight for longer use.
- May be too heavy for some peoples liking.
- Handles heat up a lot when cooking.
- Lids are too thin.
2. Calphalon Tri-Ply Copper 10 Piece Set
- Aluminum and copper exterior ensure even distribution of heat.
- Stainless steel interior is smooth to promote a non-stick effect and easy cleaning.
- Perfect fit lids ensure heat retention for perfect cooking.
- Triple layer makes it heavy enough to cook any kind of dish.
- Cast stainless steel ensures that the handles give a good grip and stay fairly cool throughout.
- The exterior isn’t really copper but a copper finish.
- They discolor quite fast.
- Some foods stick in the pots.
3. Lagostina Q554SA64 Martellata Tri-ply Hammered Stainless Steel Copper Oven Safe Cookware Set
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees.
- They are heavy and have a lifetime warranty.
- Different sizes to take care of all your cooking needs.
- Easy to clean and restore after long usage.
- Comfortable rounded handles.
- They change color almost immediately you use and can look pretty bad if you don’t know how to restore them.
- They are not dishwasher safe.
- Polishing the copper to restore it can be quite hard.
4. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
- Very unique and beautiful set.
- It has a layer of cotton that is sandwiched between aluminum and stainless steel giving it great heat distribution.
- Cast stainless steel handles give a good strong grip when cooking.
- Dome shaped lids allow more room for steaming hence improving food flavor.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Dishwasher safe set.
- Very affordable
- Quite heavy for the average user.
5. Mauviel M’heritage M250B 9-piece 2.5mm Copper Cookware Set
- 2.5mm thickness that gives the set great heat conductivity.
- Fast heating and cooling copper for perfect control when cooking.
- Stainless steel interior that is perfect for any kind of cooking.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Easy to clean.
- Quite costly.
- Lightweight lids that dent easily.
6. All-Clad 6108SS Copper Core 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Fry Pan / Cookware
- Stainless steel interior is easy to clean and provides great stick resistance.
- It is oven safe up to 600 degrees.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Suitable for high heat frying which promotes high flavor in foods.
- Contoured stainless steel handles for an easy grip.
- Some foods may stick to it making cleaning slightly harder.
- Quite expensive for a saucepan.
7. Mauviel 22 cm M’Heritage 150c Copper Round Fry Pan
- Perfect size for delicate dishes such as fish.
- Thick exterior that promotes even heat distribution and great conductivity.
- Cast stainless steel handle is easy to control and remains quite cool when cooking.
- Has a lifetime guarantee.
- Easy to clean high-quality stainless steel interior.
- Quite expensive.
- The copper may be difficult to clean and maintain.
- Handle gets quite warm when cooking for a longer period of time.
- Very heavy thanks to the stainless steel interior, aluminum middle, and copper exterior.
- Thick copper surface for fast heating and cooling.
- Requires use of very little oil hence great for healthy cooking.
- Great distribution of heat for even cooking.
- Food sticks quite a lot.
- The handle is not strong enough and may come off.
- Difficult to keep it shiny.
- Quite expensive and not worth it.
9. Mauviel Made In France M’Passion 2194.16
- Excellent copper finish that would go well in any kitchen.
- Even distribution of heat to allow even caramelizing without burning or lumping.
- Light enough to use in the kitchen.
- Strong secure, easy grip handle.
- Perfect size for small to medium use.
- The handle gets as hot as the saucepan when using.
- Has limited lifetime warranty.
- It’s not dishwasher safe.
10. Mauviel Made in France M’Passion 2191.26 Egg White bowl
- Large enough to beat a large number of eggs at a go.
- The copper reacts with the eggs to produce more fluff which is perfect for baking.
- Has a brass ring for gripping while beating your eggs.
- Beautiful copper finish.
- Affordable enough for the quality of bowl.
- Easy to clean with dishwashing soap and water.
- A heavy bowl that won’t dent easily.
- Copper is very reactive hence you should be careful what you put in it.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- Quite deep so you would need a large whisk.
If you want to upgrade your cookware, then you should consider choosing the best copper cookware. There are a lot of options online so you need to keenly read the guide above on what to look for in great copper pot. The following are some of the best sets from the above review, which should get you started as they have the most copper cooking pot benefits:
- . It is a reliable and well-made set and at the right price so you don’t have to break the bank.
- . An affordable set of heavy duty pieces that will serve you for years to come.