A convertible crib has also saved me much space and is a stunning and aesthetically pleasing addition to my nursery.
You will absolutely love the endless benefits that choosing the best convertible crib brings!
- Our Favorites Two Convertible Cribs;
- Best Convertible Crib in 2018 – Summary
- How To Choose the Best Convertible Crib?
- What Are The Benefits of having the best Convertible Crib?
- 8 Best Available Convertible Cribs Reviewed Below:
- 1. The DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 2. The Stork Craft Valentia Convertible Crib
- 3. The Graco Benton Convertible Crib
- 4. The Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 5. The Dream On Me Classic 3 in 1 Convertible Crib
- 6. The Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Stages Crib
- 7. The Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail
- 8. The Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- In the End;
Our Favorites Two Convertible Cribs;
To me, the best convertible cribs must also be the safest baby cribs.
I found to be the most versatile and best quality as well as one of the safest cribs on the market. I am a big fan of Graco baby products and will most definitely recommend the Graco Convertible Crib.
My second favorite is , it is only a two in one convertible crib but it is surely one of the best convertible cribs and safest baby cribs that I have seen so far.
Best Convertible Crib in 2018 – Summary
|Product Image||Name||Editor Ratings||Price|
|The Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib||A+|
|The Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail||A+|
|The Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib||A+|
|The Stork Craft Valentia Convertible Crib||A|
|The Graco Benton Convertible Crib||A|
How To Choose the Best Convertible Crib?
But let us take a look at exactly what you need to consider;
- Always make sure that the space you have available where you are going to be placing your best convertible crib is big enough for the dimensions and size of the crib.
- Also, ensure that there is enough space in the room to move around the crib easily and keep in mind that it will, later on, be converted into a full sized bed.
- You will be saving quite a bit in having a convertible crib as you will not need to buy separate beds every time.
- Good quality is a bit more expensive.
- Make sure that you have a clear idea of your budget as this is quite a large purchase.
- Most of the best convertible cribs are made from either solid wood or New Zealand Pine.
- A sturdy and durable convertible crib will also last you much longer.
- With some of the best convertible cribs you can choose the color of finishing, others come with a set color.
- Make sure that the finish is non-toxic and free from harmful substances.
F.Safety and Standards;
- You can check in the description of the convertible crib if it states that the product meets ASTM and/orUS CPSC safety standards.
- Make sure that there is a safety rail included or to purchase the safety rail separately.
G. What is Included;
- You will usually receive a full convertible crib with safety rails either included or excluded.
- Most of the best convertible cribs come with full instructions for assembly and all the parts you require, some may even come with tools for assembly.
- There is usually not a mattress included so you may need to purchase it separately.
H. Type of Convertible;
- You get a two in one, three in one and four in one convertible crib;
- The two in one convertible crib changes from a crib to bed
- The three in one convertible crib can change from a crib to a toddler bed or day bed and to a full sized bed.
- The four in one convertible crib changes into a toddler bed, day bed as well as a full sized bed.
I. Other features;
- Another feature in most of the best convertible cribs is the mattress platform that can be adjusted into three different height positions.
- Some convertible cribs can change into a full sized bed with a headboard as well as a footboard.
These are some of the basic characteristics you need to look for when choosing your best convertible crib;
The most important of course is to choose the safest baby crib!
What Are The Benefits of having the best Convertible Crib?
As your baby grows from an infant, to toddler to young child their sleeping needs and requirements also change. A crib is suitable from birth up to the age where your baby can stand and walk, usually also tending to climb out of their crib. At this stage, you will need something that still has safety rails but is more suitable for a toddler. As your toddler gets older and bigger they will eventually be needing a full sized bed to sleep in and no longer need the safety of a rail. Buying a different bed every time to accommodate your growing child can be quite a hassle and expensive.
Therefore investing in a convertible crib that can grow with your little one is an excellent idea!
Here are a few reasons why;
- An excellent crib and start out bed for an infant with a cozy and safe design.
- perfect for toddlers that still need the safety of a rail but need something bigger and less confined.
- Can grow with your child to the stage where they need a full sized bed with a headboard and with some cribs also a footboard.
- Great to use as a day bed.
- Usually, has three different mattress platform height settings.
- Easy and convenient to use.
- Usually very easy to assemble.
- A safe environment for your child to sleep in.
- Comes in lovely non-toxic finishes that look great in your nursery.
- Much more cost effective and less hassle than having to purchase a new bed with every stage of your child’s life.
As you can see there are only fantastic advantages to having the best convertible crib. You will never regret investing in a good and sturdy convertible crib for your little one.
We have found some of the best available and safest convertible cribs on the market.
You are sure to find the perfect one for your requirements from our very informative list;
8 Best Available Convertible Cribs Reviewed Below:
1. The DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
This crib can be used as a crib, toddler bed, daybed as well as a full sized bed. Manufactured from 100% New Zealand pine wood and finished with gentle and elegant curves he DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is also Greenguard Gold certified for safety and quality.
A safe and sturdy sleeping environment for your little one!
- Very sturdy and well built.
- Great quality product and easy to assemble.
- The color on the picture is the color that you will receive.
- There were some complaints about the assembly being difficult and some parts missing.
- Also, a complaint that a scratched product was received.
2. The Stork Craft Valentia Convertible Crib
Take note that the Stork Craft Valentia Convertible Crib does not come with rails included or a mattress included so these will have to be purchased separately.
- A stunning Looking Crib.
- Sturdy and good quality.
- Excellent safety features.
- Made from solid wood.
- Available in different color finishes
- Quite a few complaints about the product having a very strong chemical smell.
- The springs in some of these cribs broke after a couple of months.
3. The Graco Benton Convertible Crib
The Graco Benton Convertible Crib can convert into a toddler bed, daybed as well as a full sized bed with a headboard and footboard. There is a three position, mattress height adjustment setting for even more convenience.
The Graco Benton Convertible Crib comes with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty and also meets all the ASTM and CPSC safety standards making it the safest convertible crib that you will find.
- Very sturdy and durable.
- Quite easy to assemble with clear instructions.
- A gorgeous color that complements almost any nursery style.
- The color of the crib that you receive may differ from that of the picture.
- There were some complaints about parts missing during assembly.
4. The Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib converts into a day bed and takes a standard size crib mattress, it meets the ASTM international and US CPSC safety standards, therefore, making it one of the safest cribs on the market.
- Very good ratings and reviews.
- Great colors are
- Very easy to assemble.
- Sturdy and durable.
- The perfect size for baby to sleep in.
- Good price for the quality.
- The railings are very short baby may climb out.
- Some complaints about the paint chipping off.
5. The Dream On Me Classic 3 in 1 Convertible Crib
This is a very easy to assemble, lightweight and simple to use a convertible crib that has a gorgeous finish and elegant design.
This crib accommodates the Dream On Me Standard mattress and comes fully equipped with all tools required for assembly.
- A lightweight and easy to assemble crib that is a simple design.
- Very well finished off.
- Good quality for the price.
- A crib and day bed only, 2 in 1 and not 3 in 1 as stated on the box.
- Very strong chemical smell.
6. The Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Stages Crib
The Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Stages Crib is built from solid wood with a non-toxic finish it is designed for multiple stages of your child’s life. It can convert from a full sized crib to a toddler bed, daybed and to a full sized bed.
The Stork Craft Tuscany 4-in-1 Stages Crib comes with easy instructions on how to assemble along with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Great purchase for someone on a budget.
- Easy to assemble and comes with tools.
- Well finished off.
- There are a few concerns about a strong chemical smell.
- Some customers received a damaged product.
- Quite a few complaints about bad customer service, the company does not get back to their clients.
7. The Athena Nadia 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail
The Athena Nadia converts to a toddler bed with an included guard rail as well as a full-sized bed. It has a simple and stylish design that will perfectly suit any nursery. It is safe, easy to use and easy to assemble.
- Many compliments on how gorgeous this crib looks.
- Easy to assemble with clear instructions.
- Very sturdy and great quality.
- A very affordable crib.
- Very strong chemical smell.
- A few complaints about damaged products received.
8. The Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
The Graco Freeport 4 in 1 Convertible Crib has a practical design that is extremely functional and simple to use. It features a mattress platform that you can adjust to three different heights and stationary safety rails.
The Graco Freeport can easily be transitioned into a toddler bed, daybed and full sized headboard. This is also one of the safest baby cribs.
- Very sturdy and safe.
- Easy to assemble with very good instructions.
- Gorgeous looking and good quality.
- Very affordable.
- Complaints about a damaged product received.
- Not all the right parts were included for assembly.
In the End;
As you can see there are only great benefits to purchasing the best convertible crib. Choosing the right convertible crib is a decision that should not be taken lightly as this is a substantial long term investment.
You can most certainly rest assured that the best convertible cribs in our list will not let you down.
I have been most impressed by the Graco Freeport 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, it is one of the most versatile and safest cribs on the market. I can most definitely give this crib my personal approval as being one of the best convertible cribs.
The Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib is only and two in one convertible crib but I have found it to be one of the safest baby cribs as well as one of the best quality cribs according to its excellent reviews and ratings.
Lastly, the Stork Craft Valentia Convertible Crib also stood out as one of the best convertible cribs on the market, it is durable, constructed from solid wood and you can choose from a variety of colors.
Make the right choice today and invest in one of these exceptional convertible cribs, you will definitely not regret this choice!