Baby wipes are one of the products that are used even more than diapers by babies and families.
They are a versatile product used to clean not only babies bum but also their faces and hands as well as the faces and hands of other family members.
- Five Best Baby Wipes in 2018 – Summary
- So what are the top wipes for babies?
- Our Favorite Baby Wipes Brands:
- What to Consider when Choosing A Wipe For Baby?
- What Are The Benefits of using diaper wipes for babies?
- Ten Best Wipes For Babies Reviewed Below:
- 1. Bloom BABY Sensitive Skin Unscented Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
- 2. WaterWipes Baby Wipes
- 3. HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes
- 4. Pampers Baby Fresh Baby Wipes
- 5. BumGenius Natural Flannel Baby Wipes
- 6. Seventh Generation Original Soft and Gentle Free and Clear Baby Wipes
- 7. Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive
- 8. Babygenics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes, Fragrance-Free
- 9. HUGGIES One and Done Refreshing Baby Wipes
- 10. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
- To Conclude
Five Best Baby Wipes in 2018 – Summary
So what are the top wipes for babies?
Well, there are many options out there and a few key aspects to consider when choosing a baby wipe for your baby. There are also plenty of best diaper wipes for babies reviews that we can have a look at for reference.
Our Favorite Baby Wipes Brands:
I am a big fan of BumGenuis Cloth baby wipes as they are the most cost-effective and cause the least harm. They can be washed and reused, and I can use warm water which cleans much better and is not so cold on baby’s bottom.
I also use disposable baby wipes from time to time, my favorite brands being Pampers because they are so soft and absorbent and I have never had an issue with them causing an allergic reaction even with the slightly scented wipes.
Although I must say I do not have a problem with the sensitive skin of my babies.
For more sensitive skin I can highly recommend Bloom baby wipes. Bloom baby wipes have proven to be the best choice for me in a baby wipe for sensitive skin.
Here are a few key aspects that I find helpful to consider when choosing a wipe for the baby;
What to Consider when Choosing A Wipe For Baby?
1. You will need to choose between a sensitive or general baby wipe;
- General baby wipes contain certain chemicals, alcohol, and fragrances that enhance their functionality, improve cleaning ability and have a lovely scent.
- General baby wipes are a great option to consider for older babies, for hands only or the rest of the family.
- A sensitive baby wipe contains very little or no alcohol or fragrance as well as no other chemicals.
- Sensitive baby wipes are the best choice for newborn babies and more sensitive skins as they cause no allergic reactions.
2. Cloth baby wipes; for the “All Natural” and particularly Cloth nappy using mom’s this is usually the way to go.
- They are the most affordable option for baby wipes as they can be reused.
- Cloth wipes contain no allergens and you us pure warm water which cleans baby easily and causes no allergic reactions or rashes.
- I personally use cloth wipes and can most defiantly recommend them.
3. Thickness and Absorbency;
- Some baby wipes are thicker and more absorbent than others, it is always best to stick with a thicker baby wipe as it will also be more durable.
- Thin baby wipes tend to be less absorbent and I would not recommend them for baby’s bum but rather for face and hands.
4. Moisture level;
- A dry baby wipe will not clean as well as a moister wipe and may aggravate the skin.
- A baby wipe that is too moist may also leave a residue.
5. The Brand;
- I would recommend sticking with well-known brands that have proven effective.
- Good quality brands may be a bit more expensive but they are much more effective.
6. The Price;
- Some brands of wet wipes are more expensive than other but are also better quality.
- Always look at a number of wipes for the price that you are paying.
- Buying baby wipes in bulk work out much cheaper and you can never go wrong with this choice as a baby wipe will always come in handy.
From my personal experience, I would say stick with a sensitive baby wipe for newborns and younger babies or babies that are prone to rash. Always look for a baby wipe with no alcohol as alcohol dries out the skin, and look for fragrance-free wipes as well for sensitive skin and newborns. Baby wipes that are manufactured with water-based contents are the best choice for me in a baby wipe.
What Are The Benefits of using diaper wipes for babies?
Making an effort choosing the top wipes for babies and taking the time to go through the baby wipes reviews will most certainly benefit you and your baby in the long run as well as saving you on costs.
- You will have a healthy and happy baby with no allergic reactions or rashes.
- You will save money by choosing a product that works and that suits your pocket.
- Cleaning your baby will be much faster and easier with much less fuss.
- A versatile baby wipe can be used for the entire family as well as to clean other objects.
- Portable baby wipes are a great convenience to carry in your car or handbag for those unsuspected messes.
- A Hypoallergenic or sensitive baby wipe made from natural ingredients can improve your baby’s skin condition as well as prevent rashes and allergic reactions.
- You can choose a baby wipe to use on hands and face only and a separate one that is more gentle to use on the bum, or you can use one brand for all there functions.
- Baby wipes are the most used product by any mother and therefore the right baby wipe will save you much, time, money and fuss.
Face it the right baby wipes will make the life of any mother much easier. We have all tried and tested a few brands I am sure, I most definitely have, and from my experience, nothing stands in the way of quality and consistency. Finding the most appropriate diaper wipe for babies can be quite a daunting task, but looking at the opinions and ratings of other mothers, as well as popular and trusted brands should make finding the perfect Best diaper wipes for babies much easier.
Ten Best Wipes For Babies Reviewed Below:
Following are the best-rated baby wipes with their reviews, some of them my own personal favorites;
1. Bloom BABY Sensitive Skin Unscented Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
Bloom Baby Wipes are hypoallergenic baby wipes that are one of the best baby wipes for sensitive skin. This is the perfect baby wipe for skin that is prone to rash and eczema as it contains natural vitamins A and B-Complex as well as vitamin D to nourish and protect baby’s soft skin.
No alcohol, chemicals or harsh fragrances were used in the manufacturing of Bloom Sensitive Wipes making it perfect for sensitive skin and newborn babies.
- This baby wipe is soft and gentle on baby’s skin.
- Contains nourishing vitamins A, B-Complex and D.
- Contains no Alchohol, Chlorine, Phthalates, Formaldehyde carriers, Parabens, Ammonium, Lanolin or SLS.
- Safe to use on Newborns and all skin types.
- A thick and large-sized wet wipe.
- In some cases, this wipes dried out baby’s skin.
- Also reported to have caused a rash.
- The wet wipes are not easily removed from the dispenser.
2. WaterWipes Baby Wipes
WaterWipes baby wipes come in both an original and sensitive wipe. The original WaterWipes is manufactured from 99.9% water and 0.1% fruit extracts making one of the world’s purest baby wipes.
This is a wet Wipe that is suitable for babies from birth as well as for sensitive and allergic skin. The WaterWipes baby wipes are recommended by healthcare professionals and experts. I myself prefer a water-based baby wipe which does not dry out baby’s skin or cause a rash, and the WaterWipes Baby wipe is one of my favorites.
- Hypoallergenic and does not dry out skin.
- Prevents diaper rash.
- Can be used from birth and on sensitive skin.
- Aids in preventing and relieving rash and yeast infections.
- Can wipe away even the stickiest baby pooh.
- Very High Ratings and reviews.
- The most general complaint about the WaterWipes baby wipe is the price, it is very expensive for its count.
3. HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes
Huggies is a well-known name in not only baby diapers but baby wipes as well. The Huggies Simply Clean Baby Wipe is fragrance-free and comes in a bulk pack of 648 sheets.
This is the perfect wipe not only for baby bums but also for hands and face as it provides a versatile clean and is alcohol and fragrance-free. The flip lid on the disposable soft packs ensures for easy wipe dispensing.
- Good ratings and reviews.
- A strong and durable, good quality baby wipe.
- The baby wipe leaves no residue your baby’s skin.
- A great choice for sensitive skin as it causes no irritation or rash.
- Some customers received a defective container.
- The wipe is not very moist making it difficult to clean baby properly.
4. Pampers Baby Fresh Baby Wipes
I have used Pampers baby wipes before and I am a fan of the Baby Fresh for its lovely scent as well as still being hypoallergenic.
The Pampers Baby Fresh Baby Wipe is a very strong and durable baby wipe that will not tear easily. It also has a soft and gentle texture that will not scratch or irritate your baby’s skin. The scent of this baby Wipe is refreshing and clean with a gentle and non-irritating touch.
- Manufactured from pure water and gentle lotion.
- Very soft and absorbent.
- A resilient and durable wipe.
- The wipes tend to clump together when you pull them out of the dispenser.
- The scent is quite potent.
5. BumGenius Natural Flannel Baby Wipes
Another one of my favorites, the BumGenius Natural Flannel Wipe. This is a reusable wet wipe that will completely cut costs and that is all natural and non-irritating on your baby’s skin.
A durable and convenient cloth that can be used as a washcloth, wet wipe, baby wipe on and is safe on any part of the body.
- Saves you money on disposable wipes as it can be reused.
- Soft and durable.
- Completely natural and non-allergenic.
- Very versatile.
- A very thin cloth wipe.
- The edges of the cloth tend to fray after a few washes.
6. Seventh Generation Original Soft and Gentle Free and Clear Baby Wipes
The Seventh Generation Baby Wipe is a soft and gentle baby wipe that is free from alcohol and fragrance making it perfect for newborns and sensitive skins.
This is a completely non-toxic and hypoallergenic baby wipe intended for babies that tend to have an allergic reaction to other baby wipe brands. This wipe will cause absolutely no irritation or dryness according to most of its reviews from other mothers.
- A soft and flexible wipe that will reach every nook and cranny on your baby.
- Free of fragrance and alcohol.
- Completely hypoallergenic.
- The new design in the Seventh generation Wipe is not as good as the older design.
- A much thinner and drier design that does not glide easily.
- Much smaller than old design and has a strange smell.
- Lower ratings and reviews.
7. Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive
Pampers is a leading brand name in diapers and baby wipes and one of the top choices of most hospitals. The Pampers Baby Wipe for sensitive skin is great for babies that tend to have an allergic reaction as well as for newborns.
Pampers Baby Wipes are clinically proven to be mild and gentle on baby’s skin as well as being dermatologist tested.
- Perfume and alcohol-free for sensitive skin.
- Aids in restoring the natural PH of the skin.
- Thick and durable.
- Easy to dispense with packaging when you are in a hurry.
- This wipe has the highest ratings and best reviews.
- There are a few complaints where baby’s developed a rash.
8. Babygenics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes, Fragrance-Free
A great all-purpose baby wipes the BabygenicsFragrance free baby wipe is also good for sensitive skin. This baby wipe is manufactured with natural plant-based ingredients including Chamomile which has a soothing effect on the skin.
A nourishing and non-allergenic baby wipe that is Paediatrician and dermatologist tested, containing no alcohol, chemicals or fragrances.
- Versatile to use on face, hands, and bum.
- Soft and thick texture.
- Completely hypoallergenic
- A slight scent from natural origin.
- Available in a portable package.
- Very affordable.
- There were some issues with the functionality of the package.
- The wipes seem to have an odd smell.
9. HUGGIES One and Done Refreshing Baby Wipes
Another great product from Huggies with very good reviews. The Huggies one and done Baby Wipe is a more versatile baby wipe to be used on hands, faces, and bums that are less sensitive, with a refreshing clean scent. I love the cleaning ability and scent of this baby wipe but prefer to use it to clean my toddler’s hands and face.
This wipe is alcohol-free and will not dry out your baby’s skin. What I also love about this wipe is the variation of dispensers and packs they are available in.
- Alcohol-free, will not dry out skin.
- Has a fresh scent.
- Available in variations of packs and dispensers as well as refill packs.
- Thick and absorbent.
- Cleans really well.
- Very affordable.
- Great ratings and reviews.
- Poor quality, tears easily
- A rough feel against the skin.
10. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
Unlike the WaterWipes original wipe, the WaterWipes sensitive is specially manufactured to cater for sensitive skin. This wipe also contains 99.9% water and a small drop of fruit extracts with the added benefit of preventing rashes and skin sensitization issues.
A versatile baby wipe that can also be used by adults with sensitive skin. This wet wipe is awarded the National Eczema Associations Seal of Approval.
- No residue or irritation.
- A soft and thick baby wipe that is gentle on skin.
- Available in a bulk pack.
- Strong and durable.
- Hypoallergenic and containing only pure ingredients.
- The packaging tears easily.
- Most customers are unhappy with the new model that is thinner and smaller than the original.
From the research, you can note that the most trusted and popular brands of baby wipes are Huggies and pampers, although I am not a big fan of Huggies. Although natural brand such as Baby genius and WaterWipes also come highly recommended particularly because of their benefits for sensitive skin.
My top two choices for my babies are the BumGenius Cloth Flannel wipes because of their cost efficiency and the fact that I can use pure and warm water that causes no rash and cleans the easiest compared to a disposable baby wipe. For my choice of the best disposable baby wipe, Pampers sensitive wins hands down as I can use it on both my newborn and older baby with no rash and excellent absorbency and cleaning.