There are many brands that we hear about on a daily basis such as the Baby Bullet, the Baby Brezza, and even the BEABA baby food makers, all of which are excellent brands of one-step baby food makers.
But let’s take a more in-depth look at what are the best brands of food makers and what are the considerations when choosing the healthy meal makers for baby.
- Our Favorites Baby Food Makers For You:
- Five Best Baby Food Makers for 2018 – Summary
- How to Pick a Food Maker for pureeing?
- What Are The Benefits of using the Food Makers?
- Our In-depth Guide To The 12 Top Baby Food Makers Available in the Market:
- 1. Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker
- 2. The BEABA Babycook 4 in 1
- 3. Infantino Squeeze Station
- 4. BEABA Babycook Pro
- 5. Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer
- 6. Babymoov Food Steamer and Processor Nutribaby Zen
- 7. The Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
- 8. Munchkin Baby Food Grinder
- 9. Baby Brezza Baby Food Maker Machine
- 10. Immersion Hand Blender and Food Processor
- 11. NUK Smoothie and Baby Food Maker
- 12. The Hamilton Beach 36533 Bebe Baby Food Maker
- To Conclude
Our Favorites Baby Food Makers For You:
I used the Magic Bullet Food Maker, which is basically just a blender and food processor, with my first child.
I already had a separate steamer at that time. I loved the fact that you could choose exactly how fine you want the baby food pureed which came in quite handy for every stage of development.
Unfortunately, my steamer did not last very long so with my second child I opted for an “all in One” food maker.
The Babymoov was my best choice so far as it works exceptionally well and not only does it cook and process baby food it also has a heating and defrosting function which I thoroughly appreciated.
Five Best Baby Food Makers for 2018 – Summary
How to Pick a Food Maker for pureeing?
Choosing a food maker is no easy task there are plenty of brands and models out there each with specific features and functions, so it all basically comes down to what exactly your needs and requirements are.
Here are a few factors to consider before choosing a food maker;
A. The Age of Your Baby;
- A six-month-old baby is just starting their journey in eating solid foods, therefore you will want something that can puree very finely.
- For older babies and toddlers a setting or function where food can be chopped or ground into larger pieces is more desirable.
- There is also baby formula making options available for babies still on formula.
B. All in one or Separate Functions;
- An all in one food maker will steam or cook, blend, puree and in some cases heat and defrost, which is very convenient.
- Some food makers only blend and puree which is all up to your personal preference.
C. Plastic or steel Blade;
- A steel blade purees and chops much finer and easier and is easy to clean.
- A plastic blade is more useful for softer and cooked foods and also a less dangerous option.
- Storage cups or pouches are a convenient accessory to have to store single portions of food that can be heated.
- Other accessories such as a spatula, measuring cup and cookbook can also come in quite handy.
- Make sure that you have enough counter space for the specific size of the food maker.
- Most all-in-one baby food makers will save you on space because you will not need to get separate equipment for cooking or other functions.
- In most cases, better quality costs more, but you can also find good quality equipment at a lower price.
- A well-known and trusted brand is worth the price tag.
- Keep in mind that you are buying a piece of equipment that is taking the place of two or more separate pieces of equipment.
H. Material Safety;
- I find it vitally important that the plastics and materials used in the food makers are BPA, Lead, and Phthalate free.
From these considerations, you are sure to find the food maker that is most suitable for your specific requirements.
What Are The Benefits of using the Food Makers?
To me, a good quality food maker will ensure healthy and nutritious foods that are cooked and pureed to perfection with the least amount of work on the mother’s part.
I also find it very important that the food makers are safe from toxic substances such as BPA’s, lead and phthalates and that there are the least or no funny or plastic smells that can seep into baby’s food.
Here are a few Benefits of using the food makers;
- You will have fresh, home-cooked, nutritious meals ready for your little one in no time
- A one-step food maker save you money on other equipment as well as surface space.
- You can prepare healthy meals at the touch of a button and walk away without having to check up.
- meals are fresh and healthy, steaming is much healthier than cooking in a pot.
- You can choose how coarse or fine you want the food pureed for the specific age of your baby.
- Most materials used in the food makers are BPA, lead and phthalate free which is much safer for baby.
- You can prepare a few meals ahead and store them in the portion sized metal containers which are usually included.
- Most food makers are dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
- Some of these come with safety features such as an auto off button or audible alert functions.
These are all exceptional benefits that should not be missed when purchasing your baby food maker.
The meal maker should provide you with all these benefits in one, but the best benefit is the versatility that a food maker offers which saves you time and effort.
Our In-depth Guide To The 12 Top Baby Food Makers Available in the Market:
So which are the best food makers, below is a list including the ever popular BEABA and Brezza food maker which all form part of the best models and brands in baby food makers.
When looking for the food maker brand we all want the ease and convenience of a one-step food maker that will save us on precious time and extra effort.
Well, I believe that you will without a doubt not be disappointed with any one of these lovely brands of the healthy baby food makers;
1. Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker
To mix formula and water to the perfect consistency without any air bubbles. The temperature control feature heats the water to the perfect body temperature which is optimal for baby feeding.
Included is an airtight formula storage jar that can hold up to 700 grams of formula.
- Makes formula very accurately.
- Very easy to use and clean.
- Easy to set up.
- Saves you time, makes formula within seconds.
- Airtight formula storage.
- There were complaints that it does not dispense properly.
- Also, complaints about wrong water to formula ratio dispensing.
2. The BEABA Babycook 4 in 1
Create lovely dishes using fruits, vegetables, meat or fish from raw within 15 minutes. This product is also very safe to use with a stainless steel water reservoir and BPA, lead and Phthalate free components. Extremely easy and convenient to use, just fill up and walk away!
- Good Quality product.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Fast preparation and cooking time.
- Hassle-free cleaning.
- Safe and non-toxic materials.
- Versatile 4 in 1 food maker.
- The plastic container cracks easily.
- The lid is very hard to close.
3. Infantino Squeeze Station
The Infantino comes fully equipped with one squeeze station, three tubes, one press and ten squeeze pouches.
The press is covered in soft rubber which allows easy grip and the base has a non-skid design. The Infantino can hold up to four ounces of baby puree and is also dishwasher safe.
- Excellent ratings and reviews.
- Very easy to use.
- Great quality and long lasting.
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe.
- Handy one portion pouches for when you are on the go.
- In one incident the tubes melted.
- Not all the parts are dishwasher safe.
4. BEABA Babycook Pro
The plastic components are BPA, lead, and Phthalate free so you can cook fresh and healthy meals without any worries. Convenient and easy one handed operation that saves you time and effort.
The time saving 4.7 cup capacity will allow you to make 17 or more servings of food all at once which is another great feature of the BEABA Babycook.
- A sturdy and good quality product.
- Good reviews and ratings.
- Saves you time and can produce many portions at once.
- Effective cooking and blending.
- A larger bowl for larger portions.
- There was a case where the rubber fitting of the machine gave off on the food inside the bowl after blending.
5. Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer
- High ratings and reviews.
- Effective and cooks thoroughly.
- Versatile and good quality.
- 18 Month Warranty.
- The plastic stains easily.
- Certain parts collect mold if not cleaned thoroughly and regularly.
6. Babymoov Food Steamer and Processor Nutribaby Zen
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean, components are dishwasher safe.
- Cooks, blends, warms, and defrosts all in one saving you space and money on other equipment.
- Cooks thoroughly.
- Excellent quality.
- Very good reviews and ratings.
- Very noisy.
- The plastic parts stain quite easily.
7. The Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
- A well-known and trusted brand.
- Very easy to use.
- Purees perfectly.
- Extra storage cups for batch storing.
- You cannot microwave food in the storage cups.
- The storage cups are very small.
8. Munchkin Baby Food Grinder
- Saves you on electricity and batteries.
- Very easy to use.
- Purees food very smoothly.
- Great color selection.
- Easy and effective to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Good quality product.
- Does not work as effectively as the older model Munchkin Food grinder.
- The previous model had metal blades and the new model plastic blades, the metal blades were much more effective.
9. Baby Brezza Baby Food Maker MachineThe Baby Brezza Food Maker is a well-known name amongst many mothers. This is a steamer and blender in one with a BPA free plastic bowl and metal blades that are both dishwashers free for even more convenience. So easy to use you just add your ingredients, set the steam time and the machine will do everything for you, no need to check up or do anything extra.
- Steams and Purees in one.
- Very easy and effective to use.
- Can also blend small quantities.
- A safe one bowl design.
- The Bowl and Blade are dishwasher safe.
- Steams food thoroughly.
- The plastic bowl and parts break and scratch easily.
- A strong plastic smell.
- Poor quality.
10. Immersion Hand Blender and Food Processor
- Easy to use and clean.
- Very good quality for the money.
- Effective for larger portions of food.
- Small and takes up minimum space.
- Not the best for single portions, only for larger portions.
- Food clumps together inside the blade.
- Some of the food still had lumps in it after blending.
11. NUK Smoothie and Baby Food Maker
- Trusted and well-known brand.
- Comes with many accessories.
- Sippy Cup for smoothies that have a traveling lid.
- Very affordable.
- Purees effectively.
- Lovely storage cups.
- When used excessively at once there is a burning and plastic smell.
12. The Hamilton Beach 36533 Bebe Baby Food Maker
- Versatile, steams, chops, shreds, and purees.
- Completely BPA Free Plastic used for the containers.
- Easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Comes with ten storage containers.
- Quite affordable.
- Creates very smooth purees.
- Some people noticed a strange burning smell when using the Hamilton Beach Food Maker excessively.
- May leak when steaming.
Each of the above-mentioned food makers has their own specific functions and features making them unique, so your personal preference is really what it all adds up to.
The Baby Brezza and BEABA Babycook are two of the favorites amongst many mothers. I myself am very fond of my Babymoov for all of its excellent features that saves me so much time on cooking and preparing healthy meals for my two girls.