We all want the best when it comes to our children, and one of the most used products is the baby diaper. So what is the best baby diapers out there?
We’ll unfortunately as it is with everything else pertaining to children and babies, every child is unique and what works for one baby may not work for the other.
There are however a few tried and trusted diaper for babies brands that you can consider, which have been used by many mum with only good reviews.
Keep in mind that the choice of a diaper for baby will depend on the extent of absorbency your baby requires, the fit as well as skin sensitivity.
Diaper brands that are perfumed and contain chemicals are not suited for sensitive skin and a natural fiber such as bamboo or best diapers for sensitive skin may be required. The best diaper for a newborn may also not be the most suitable brand when your baby gets older and you may want to try something else.
I have a two-year-old and two-month-old baby. I prefer a more bulky diaper on the younger baby
as this aids in the hip development and is more absorbent. For the toddler, I , prefer a less bulky diaper that doesn’t interfere with walking that is also still absorbent.
- Best Baby Diapers Brand in 2018 – Our Recommendation
- How to Pick a disposable diaper For Baby?
- What Are The Benefits of Using Diapers For Baby?
- Ten Best Baby Diapers Reviews:
- 1. Pampers Baby-Dry Diapers
- 2. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
- 3. Andy Pandy Premium Bamboo Disposable Diapers
- 4. Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers
- 5. Pampers Cruisers Diapers
- 6. Bamboo Nature Premium Baby Diapers
- 7. Luvs Ultra Leak Guards Newborn Diapers
- 8. Cuties Baby Diapers
- 9. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Free and Clear for Sensitive Skin, with Animal Prints
- 10. Munchkin Super Premium Diapers
- To Conclude
Best Baby Diapers Brand in 2018 – Our Recommendation
My favorite diaper for the two-year-old is Pampers Swaddlers for these reasons;
A. They are very trim.
B. They are very absorbent
C. They are comfortable and easy to use
I prefer Huggies for my two-month-old because;
A.They are a bit bulkier.
B. They are also very absorbent.
C. They contain fewer chemicals making them one of the top diaper for newborns as well.
How to Pick a disposable diaper For Baby?
A. You will need to establish the type of absorbency your baby requires, is your baby a light, heavy or medium wetter.
- Most diapers that are more absorbent are also bulkier or contain more chemicals.
B. The fit of the diaper is also important as a fit that is not right can cause leaking or may squeeze and scratch your baby causing much discomfort.
- Some diapers have a trim fit with narrower leg gaps while other a wider fit and wider leg gaps.
- A wider fit is more suited for a chubbier baby whereas a tall thin baby will need a more trim fit.
C. Diaper sizes also differ in every brand, I have found that Pampers are much bigger in size than most diapers and many of the less well-known brands tend to be smaller.
- Huggies to me has a perfect size and fit for almost any baby.
D. The chemicals used in most diapers can cause an allergic reaction in sensitive skins, Pampers is one diaper brand that uses the most chemicals.
- If you have a sensitive baby rather opt for something organic or that is made for sensitive skin.
- I, fortunately, have no problem with sensitivity in my babies so I have more freedom of choice.
E. The size of the diaper also needs to be considered.
- Most diapers have a weight specification underneath the size of the diaper which you can use as a reference.
- Choosing the correct size will ensure the best fit for your baby.
F. The last thing to consider when looking for a disposable diaper for baby is, of course, the price. My personal opinion is that you pay more for good quality.
- I have had some bad experiences with cheaper brands of diapers, therefore I prefer to buy well-known quality brands.
- Good brands will not only last longer without leaks but they also tend to cause less irritation and have a better fit.
So whether you are looking for disposable diapers in general or diapers for newborns or sensitive skin, you can follow these guidelines. I find that a good quality well-known diapers brand work well for me. I take advantage of sales and specials when I buy my diapers. Just be careful with diaper brand such as pampers which contain chemicals as they do expire and become less effective.
What Are The Benefits of Using Diapers For Baby?
I find that a healthy and happy baby means a happy and peaceful mommy. We put our trust in the products that we use for our children and therefore want only the best. I do plenty of research before trying a new product which has helped me very much in choosing only the best for my two babies.
Here are some great benefits of choosing best disposable diaper for baby;
- better absorbency means more sleep for the baby which in turn means more sleep for mommy.
- Choosing the right brand for your baby’s skin type whether sensitive or not will cause less irritation and keep your baby’s skin healthy and happy.
- The right fit will aid in providing not only more comfortable for your baby but will also enable more free movement.
- Fewer leaks mean there are less washing and stains for mommy to deal with and no “poopsplosions” leaking through in the middle of the night.
- Choosing the right diaper according to baby’s age will also ensure a good fit and the correct amount of protection.
- The right brand of diaper will turn out to be much more cost effective in the end.
- Not having to deal with rashes, diapers that leak or do not last or even diapers that fit improperly will save you time and money.
Diapers are a big part of every mother’s routine the first two to three years of the baby’s life and therefore should be chosen with much consideration.
A diaper also plays a role in the development of the child. Most diapers for younger babies tend to be bulkier as this aids in the hip development and the prevention of hip dysplasia.
As your baby gets older a trimmer diaper helps to enable more freedom of movement when your baby starts crawling and walking.
Any good diaper should;
- Protect against leaks.
- Last for at least a couple of hours before leaking.
- Not cause a rash or allergic reaction.
- Fit comfortably for the appropriate age.
- Cater for the age-specific needs of a baby.
- Not have excessive chemicals.
- Easy to use.
- This diaper is Good quality for your money.
Ten Best Baby Diapers Reviews:
We have reviewed ten best diaper & why they are the BEST?
You cannot go wrong with any one of these!
1. Pampers Baby-Dry Diapers
Pampers is one of the leading nappy brands international with very high ratings. It is a well-known diaper for its absorbency, particularly for lasting up to 12 hours during the night. The Pampers Baby Dry is a more expensive brand of nappy but still worth every penny.
- Very high customer ratings.
- Fantastic absorbency and no leaks.
- The Pampers Baby Dry Provides a large and comfortable fit.
- Available in small to very large sizes to accommodate newborns up to toddlers.
- A very trim and soft nappy.
- The nappy does not provide much cushioning and tends to be flimsy because it is so trim.
- Tends to sag when wet or soiled.
- A tad on the expensive side.
- High chemical content.
2. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
There is a color changing wetness indicator added to this nappy adding more convenience. Pampers is one of the top nappy choices and the Swaddlers is a top choice in most hospitals.
- Does not leave cuts or marks on the legs or body of your baby.
- Absolutely no leaks according to reviews from many mommies, myself included.
- Very trim and soft fit.
- This is quite an expensive nappy.
- There are a few concerns with the Velcro side straps that irritate and scratch some babies.
3. Andy Pandy Premium Bamboo Disposable Diapers
- A Biodegradable nappy that proves less harmful to the environment.
- Has thermal regulating capabilities to keep baby dry and comfortable when hot or cold.
- A wetness indicator for more convenience.
- A natural aloe liner to prevent rashes and irritation.
- Moisture-wicking capabilities.
- Very high ratings and good reviews.
- Some of the newer models are said to be less absorbent and fall apart when soiled excessively.
4. Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers
The Huggies Snugglers is another personal favorite of mine because of its good fit and excellent absorbency, it also contains fewer chemicals that Pampers and does not expire.
The Huggies Snugglers is better for sensitive skin as well and is well cushioned and comfortable with a pocketed back waistband to prevent leaks.
- The Gentle Absorb liner is gentle on baby’s skin and provides better absorbency.
- The Pocketed back waistband prevents leaks.
- A wetness indicator aids in changing convenience.
- A softer and more cushioned design.
- Suitable for sensitive skins.
- An excellent fit.
- Bulky for younger babies aiding in hip development.
- A bit bulky for older babies.
- Tends to leak with heavy wetter’s.
5. Pampers Cruisers Diapers
I have found the Pampers Cruiser to be the best fitting nappy providing the most absorbency and long hours of dryness which is desirable particularly at night time.
- High ratings and good reviews.
- Added Absorbency channels for up to 12 hours of dryness.
- Very soft and comfortable.
- A trim three way fit to prevent leaks and allow more freedom of movement.
- Fresh Fragrance.
- Heavy Chemical Content.
- Tends to sag when wet.
- Can cause a rash in some babies that are sensitive to the chemicals.
6. Bamboo Nature Premium Baby Diapers
- The new design is much trimmer and softer.
- A better choice for the Environment.
- Does not cause rash or irritation.
- Good reviews and Ratings.
- Not as absorbent as the older models.
7. Luvs Ultra Leak Guards Newborn Diapers
The wider fastening area accommodates the umbilical cord and also makes changing the nappy much easier and quicker.
- Good ratings and reviews.
- Nightlock Plus technology to lock away moisture even overnight.
- A Leakguard core to keep your baby dry.
- Very soft and comfortable, particularly for newborn babies.
- Comes with a money back guarantee.
- Their latest design is much trimmer and less absorbent.
8. Cuties Baby Diapers
One of the most absorbent nappies that you will find on the market. I have found many mothers that swear to this nappy not only for newborns but older babies as well.
- The waist and side panels are soft and stretchable for easy movement and comfort.
- The grip tabs allow a more secure fit.
- A flexible and ultra-absorbent core.
- Tested and Approved.
- Latex and fragrance-free.
- Hypoallergenic inner.
- Enhanced inner with vitamin E, Aloe and botanicals.
- Long and wide fit.
- The new models are Small in size.
- Price doubled from the original
9. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Free and Clear for Sensitive Skin, with Animal Prints
The Seventh generation Diaper also features a soft and comfortable quilted liner which is more gentle on babies’ skin.
- Ultra absorbent core.
- Hypoallergenic and free from lotions, fragrance and chlorine bleaching.Good choice for sensitive skin.
- A quilted liner with soft and comfortable cotton.
- Fun animal print.
- No chemical smell.
- A very comfortable fit.
- Not the best ratings and reviews.
- Leaks on the sides of legs causing wetness rash.
10. Munchkin Super Premium Diapers
Because older babies and toddler move around so much, this diaper features side stretch panels for a more secure fit to prevent any leaks during movement.
- Side stretch panels for a proper fit and fewer leaks.
- Good absorbency.
- Very good quality materials.
- Larger size for older and larger babies.
- Soft and comfortable.
- Some people do not agree on the quality.
- Many complaints about allergic reactions to this diaper.
- Low ratings and reviews.
These are the top ten disposable diapers for baby that are available today, depending on the requirements of your baby you cannot go wrong with any one of these choices.
The Bamboo Nature premium is the best choice for sensitive skin as a hypoallergenic nappy as well as the best choice for an eco-friendly nappy as it is made from natural fibers only.
My favorites are the Huggies Little Snugglers for my younger baby and Pampers Swaddlers for the older one. Huggies and Pampers are well known and trusted nappies by many mothers.
Pampers can be on the expensive side and not the best choice for sensitive skins though. Natural or organic nappies are always the better option for health but not always that absorbent. Huggies also makes exceptional newborn nappies.