Best Baby Bassinets, or cradle as more commonly known, is basically a small bed for babies from birth up to about four months.A Bassinet is the best sleeper for newborns as it is small and you can comfortably keep it next to your bed within easy reach. Today’s Best Bassinets come with functions such as a music player and vibration settings to soothe your baby to sleep.
I myself am using a Bassinet next to my bed for my youngest who is now three months, and I must say it has only made it so much easier for me to soothe my baby to sleep and to have easy access to her during the night.
Our Favorite Two Best Baby Bassinets:
The Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet is one of my favorites because I am a fan of Graco for their excellent quality baby accessories and equipment. This is an excellent baby bassinet packed with features and very comfortable to sleep in.
The Fisher-Price Auto Rock and Play Sleeper is what I am using at the moment, to me it’s very versatile as it acts as a sleeper and playpen and has many fun features to be considered one of the best baby bassinets. It is also excellent quality and I have not had any issues with it as of yet.
Best Bassinet 2017 – Summary
|Hero RC H911 iRocket 4||7 minutes||Check Price|
|WLtoys Large V912 4CH||8 minutes||Check Price|
|Blade Nano CP S BNF BLH2480||4 minutes||Check Price|
|Propel Air Combat RC||10 minutes||Check Price|
How to Pick The Best Baby Bassinets?
You have a choice between different types of Bassinets, there is the best co-sleeper Bassinet, the best sleeper for newborns as well as the best Bassinet for breastfeeding.
With a newborn most women will choose the best co-sleeper Bassinet as those first few months you want to keep your baby close to you. The best baby bassinets for breastfeeding is also designed to keep baby close to you giving you easy access for feedings.
The Best Bassinet on the market will make the best sleeper for newborns and babies up to around four months.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best Baby Bassinets for your little one;
A. Age of the Baby;
- Most Bassinets are only for babies from newborn up to four months.
- Always check the weight specifications and age recommendations on the Bassinet.
- If you have limited space available then it is advised to rather settle for a smaller Bassinet.
- Keep in mind that a Bassinet that will be next to your bed may need to be moved quite frequently, therefore it’s a good idea to get something that is lightweight and easy to move.
- For something that you are not going to move around and that you have adequate space for you can settle for a sturdier and larger Bassinet.
- Most Bassinets come basically with the ability to rock or are just stationary.
- Some of the best baby bassinets and latest models have a music playing function and the ability to rock or vibrate automatically.
- There are also some models of Bassinets that come with a handy nightlight.
- Quite a few of the best Bassinets come with a canopy for extra protection against light and the wind that may bother your baby.
- Reclining positions that you can adjust are also another great feature of some Bassinets.
- It is always recommended to consider more well-known and trusted brands.
- Some other less well-known brands on the market are also some of the best available Bassinets.
- A normal Bassinet that is stationary.
- A Bassinet with a canopy.
- The modern Bassinet that vibrates and plays music.
- A Bassinet that can be rocked by hand.
- The best baby bassinet for breastfeeding.
- The best co-sleeper Bassinet.
- A Bassinet that is the best sleeper for a newborn.
These are just a few things to look at when you are choosing the best baby bassinet for your little angel. Keep in mind that a Bassinet is meant for younger babies and not something that is suitable for toddlers.
What Are The Benefits of using the Best Bassinets?
I have found the Bassinet to be a great help with both of my children, it just makes it so much easier to access your baby and to breastfeed them, particularly during the night. There are so many wonderful colors, shapes, and sizes of Bassinets to choose from today, each with their own unique functions and features.
I also found the Bassinet that I have easy to move around, making it the perfect day bed for my girls when I am in my home office or other areas of the house.
Here are a few of those outstanding benefits;
- you can always have your baby close by and within easy reach, especially during the night.
- You can place the Bassinet next to your bed for easy access and to make breastfeeding easier.
- Some Bassinets can play music or vibrate automatically to soothe your baby to sleep.
- Most Bassinets allow you to be able to rock them to soothe your baby to sleep.
- The best bassinets come in different sizes that accommodate the space that you have available.
- Most Bassinets are lightweight, small and easy to move around so you can move them to other areas of the house to always have your baby with you.
- There are some models of Bassinets that are portable and easy to travel with.
- there are also some models of Bassinets that come with a very nifty night light.
- You can also choose between having a Bassinet with a canopy for extra shielding or having an open Bassinet.
- The best baby bassinets will be a comfortable place for your baby to sleep during the night or day.
- the best bassinet will perfectly match the décor of your nursery and make a lovely addition to it.
Our In-depth Guide To The Ten Best Baby Bassinets Available:
Below is a list of the top rated and most trusted baby bassinets each with their own unique functions and features.
You cannot go wrong with any one of these!
1. HALO Bassinet Swivel Sleeper
Keep your baby safe and close to you in the highly recommended and trusted The HALO Bassinet Swivel Sleeper.
- Fits perfectly over your bed.
- Very safe and easy to use.
- Excellent quality and very functional.
- The Mattress and frame are not very comfortable.
- The Powered Vibration System and Music function stopped working after a few months.
2. BABYBJORN Cradle
The BabyBjorn Cradle is suitable for newborns up to six months of age. A soft and breathable design that is simple with no bars or loose parts that are dangerous for little hands and feet.
- Great rocking feature.
- The perfect height.
- Excellent quality and functionality.
- A few complaints about the ugly and unsightly warning stickers sewn into the material of the Bassinet.
3. Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
This very cozy and comfortable Bassinet will soothe your baby with its two-speed vibration. The mesh sides allow for air flow and visibility while the wheels make it very easy to move around. There is also a very handy storage basket at the bottom of the Bassinet.
The Graco Dream Suite is truly an all in one and very efficient Bassinet to have.
- Has wheels making it easy to move around.
- Small and compact, perfect for small spaces.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Looks cute and stylish, perfect for any gender nursery.
- Vibration motor does not last very long.
- Very flimsy construction.
4. Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper
This absolutely wonderful Bassinet has an automatic rocking feature and also plays music that soothes your baby to sleep. When you want to entertain your baby you can change to the songs and sound effects with a linkable clacker toy.
The Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper has kept my little ones occupied and happy as well as soothing them to sleep when needed. I love this Bassinet for all its exceptional features.
- Helps with reflux and colic.
- Great for parents with multiples.
- Very easy to store and transport.
- Very comfortable, affordable and convenient.
- The motor stops working after a while.
- Some customers noted a funny creaking sound.
- The parts aren’t marked clearly making it difficult to assemble.
5. Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet
Graco is a well know and trusted name in baby accessories and products and I can personally vouch for them as many of my baby accessories are manufactured by Graco.
The Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet is removable so that your baby can catch a nap at home or when you are out. It is a comfortable spot to sleep in as well as an excellent playpen.
- Very sturdy and great quality.
- Cheaper than some of the other Graco models.
- Adorable design.
- Very easy to assemble.
- No locking mechanism for the wheels.
- The mattress is very lumpy.
- A few customers received a product that was moldy and had a musty smell.
6. Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet
The Arm’s Reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet has a convenient storage space underneath and is perfect for babies up to about five months of age.
- Excellent small size for small spaces and very compact.
- Great for breast feeding moms.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Very sturdy and has a storage space at the bottom.
- The mattress is very thin.
- Not the safest Bassinet.
- A few customers received a broken and defective product.
7. Kolcraft Cuddle ‘N Care 2-in-1 Bassinet
The Kolcraft Cuddle ‘N Care 2-in-1 Bassinet can convert into a rocking Bassinet and also vibrates, plays music, nature sounds as well as having a very nifty check light.
There is also a large and convenient storage basket at the bottom of the Kolcraft Cuddle ‘N Care 2-in-1 Bassinet.
- An excellent quality product.
- Helps with reflux and gastric issues.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Comes with a storage space at the bottom.
- Very affordable.
- The canopy is much too concealing.
- The mattress has a concave shape.
- The aluminum supports are very flimsy.
8. Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
It comes fully equipped with an adjustable and removable canopy, a calming nightlight, soothing music, and a comfortable sleeping area with a fitted sheet.
The Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet is lightweight, and easy to move from room to room with a large two-section storage basket.
- Very sturdy and small for small spaces.
- Easy to assemble.
- Has a small light and plays music.
- Very affordable.
- Very flimsy and cheaply made.
- Has a strong chemical smell.
- Does not last very long.
9. Summer Infant Bentwood Bassinet
A stunning design and one of the best sleepers for newborns and young babies!
- Very beautiful design.
- Has a lovely swinging motion that soothes your baby.
- The perfect size and shape for newborns.
- The music function does not work.
- You can stub your toes on the very wide legs.
10. Summer Infant Bentwood BassinetWe have saved the best for last, the SNOO smart sleeper is the highest rated and best-reviewed baby Bassinet on the market. I personally also love this brand in Bassinet as most customers only had good things to say about it.
The SNOO smart sleeper boosts your babies sleep by having an automatic white noise function and jiggly rocking as soon as your baby starts fussing.
The SNOO comes with an organic cotton fitted sheet, matters, and sacks made from organic cotton.
For the safest and most comfortable sleeping environment for your precious angel, you can trust the SNOO Smart sleeper, perfect for up to six months old.
- Tremendously smart and stunning design.
- Works very well.
- Extremely high ratings and positive reviews.
- Excellent quality product.
- Very expensive.
- Does not have a reclining position that works.
According to ratings and reviews, I would definitely go for the SNOO Smart Sleeper, it is one of the most comfortable and safest best baby Bassinets with only the finest quality construction and materials.
I also found the Arm’s reach Concepts Cambria Co-Sleeper Bassinet to be the best co-sleeper Bassinet as it has an innovating design making it easy and comfortable to sleep next to your baby as well as being the best baby bassinets for breastfeeding.